The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: lost/stolen dog of philippe's
Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 24, 2009 03:16PM

You never know...the truth will surface eventually.

Melissa

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: .Bruce (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: September 04, 2009 09:00PM

Maybe it's time to up the reward ... get the eyes open a bit wider

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 09:00PM by .Bruce.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 05, 2009 08:40AM

I don't think "money" is being an issue here... $500 is almost a month salary on the island, and after talking to many many people there is more of the story... It is impossible to hide a dog 1 month without anybody seing it, an specially anybody interested in $500... People don't keep ther dog locked inside their house, and at one point the dg need to be out for obvious reason... so except is the person who got her is an extremly lonely person living behind high wall and never receive any visit from anyone, Bobby Lee would have been seen IMO... I know we have a lot of people looking for her, including some of the bad guy who would kill their grand mother for 500 bucks, all those gang kids from middle region and dutch quarter as well as french quarter they arealso looking for her... We didn't gave up, but I know that even if I put tomorow a $1000 reward or a $2000 one it will not change the situation... the usual average reward for a dog on the islnd is $100 to $200 and the dog usually reaper within the hour... Except being our dog that we love, Bobby Lee has nthing exceptional : she is particulary a beautiful dog, she is not the kind of dog people on the islnad specially like, she is not a pedigree, she cannot be breeded because she is fixed, so why someone would keep her knowing they can make 500 bucks on her?
The damn vet didn't told us the truth and all the story... But he doesn't care, because anyway he is avoiding us since a month still, and the open letter to him that I sent to the Daily Herald and the Today's was not published in the matter to protecting him and his reputation... he and his wife are both doctor and part of the "intelligencia", so....

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MelissaG (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 05, 2009 08:49AM

Philippe,

Do you maybe think he "adopted" her to someone who was leaving the island? Is that possible? I know people adopt dogs from down there and bring them back home. I don't know what kind of formalities that one has to do for that to happen.

Melissa

Posted by: Warwick (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 16, 2009 03:39PM

Any news Philippe?

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2009 07:57AM

Yesterday afternoon, we received a call from a Lady telling us she was very sorry for Bobby Lee... she told us that she had found Bobby Lee remains badly decomposed in the bush in Cay Hill but that she reconised the little collar that she had saw on all the posters. She had called the vet to inform him and so he could sent someone to identify her and notify us... The Animal welfare Foundation went to pick up the remains and brought them back to the vet Clinic and through the tag attached to the collar the vet identified Bobby Lee. He was supposed to call us after that, but of course he didn't. He has no bone in his body... So if it wasn't for that Lady to call us in form of support yesterday we may have never know. Bobby Lee apparently wasn't stolen but broke loose because of the fear being attached so close from a main road. She was hit by a car and went to die in the bushes...
We went to the vet clinic, and when we were arriving we saw him in his car driving toward the clinic. When he saw us, he turned around. I made a scandale and a fuss in his clinic lobby requesting to speak with him. His assistant claimed that he tried to call us all week end to inform us, but this is false because both of our phone were on and no call showed up on any of them neither the answering machince picked up... He is plainly a Liar. We requested Bobby Lee collar back, which we received... need of closure! I still can not look at it until now... I requested again to speak with the vet and threated to suit the b#st*rd! A few hours later he finally called and maintained that he tried all week end, but had no answer when we told him that no call were registered on our phone. He said that his intention was to give us back her ashes with her collar... No "I am sorry" no "I feel your pain", he was colder than an iceberg... Somehow he was lucky he turned around and din't showed up at his clinic because I have the feeling I would have done something stupid... I had and still have so much anger.
Rest in Peace Bobby Lee...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 08:07AM

Oh Philippe and William...I am devestated beyond words. The tears were falling as I read your thread. I pray that your Mom has met Bobby Lee and has taken her into her arms and will care for her now just like you and William did. My deepest sympathies. Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 08:09AM

Phillipe, I am so sorry. By heart goes out to you and William and poor Bobby Lee. That vet should be strung up! Again I am so very sorry.

Annie

Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2009 08:10AM

Awwww Philippe, I'm so very, very sorry. This just kills my soul. At least you know now. It may not be what you want to hear, but you know she's not being abused and mistreated. As far as the vet, let it go...I know it'll be hard, but at least you know in your heart, you can't trust this man and you have the option not to ge there again. She's up at the Rainbow Bridge running and playing with all the other dogs that have left us. You'll see her again someday..

Take care!

b]Rainbow Bridge[/b

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Melissa

Posted by: Warwick (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 08:22AM

Philippe and William - I am so sorry to hear of the news. My very warmest wishes to both of you, and may Bobby Lee rest in peace.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 10:08AM

Philippe, as hard as it is, at least now you know. Don't waste your emotions on the vet; he's not worth it. Just pour them into loving William and your other pets, and cherish the memories of your time with Bobby Lee.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2009 12:49PM

OMG
I am so sorry..so sad...

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: tropicalgirl (---.ontera.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 01:32PM

I've been following the story- so sorry Philippe- rest in peace Bobby-Lee

Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 01:42PM

So sorry about Bobby Lee. She knew she was loved beyond words and that in itself is a blessing.

Thank you MelissaG, for 'The Rainbow Bridge'. A beautiful way to look at such a great loss.

Posted by: Elaine (190.102.15.---)
Date: September 22, 2009 01:54PM

Ahhhh, Philippe, my heart goes out to you, William and Bobby Lee. Such a terrible tragedy. I hope you can begin to heal now that you know the truth.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |