- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: lost/stolen dog of philippe's
Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 20, 2009 09:57AM

scubaman, where is the post? can you provide a link?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 20, 2009 11:33AM

Yea, I don't see it either......

Melissa

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 11:39AM

It is now on the 7th page of TTOL. Here is the link:

[www.traveltalkonline.com]

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Elaine (190.102.13.---)
Date: August 20, 2009 01:33PM

Bobby Lee isn't a coconut retriever. Too bad.

Date: August 20, 2009 01:38PM

That's true Elaine...so sad

Melissa

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 01:40PM

Yes, I thought the same thing but was gun-shy to mention this. I guess it's that "TTOLTNR" paranoia that got to me.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: August 20, 2009 02:35PM

Lol...Vickie

Melissa

Posted by: contessa (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 21, 2009 10:20AM

William, do not dispair.....unbelievable miracles can happen. I had a dog disappear for 2 months once. I even put an ad in a local newspaper with a reward. No luck! Then miraculously, one day I received a phone call from a couple who thought they had my dog (my husbands pooch for years)and they were moving so they thought they'd call us!! How INSENSITIVE!! But, the good news was, it WAS our beloved poochie and we were so thrilled to have him back!! So, good things can happen. Never give up the faith!!thumbs up

smileys with beer Contessa

Posted by: .Bruce (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2009 02:06PM

Waiting on some good news ...

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2009 03:34PM

We all are Bruce, we all are.

Annie

Date: August 24, 2009 01:05PM

You know, it's looking like to me that maybe the vet has done something with your dog. And I don't mean anything mean, but maybe giving her away or something. The more I read, and the less he responds, it seems like there's something fishy. And with all the flyers you have hung up and passed out, Someone would have seen her by now, somewhere. Just my two cents.....I'm still hoping for you Philippe. I get on everyday a few times to see if any new news....

Melissa

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 24, 2009 02:08PM

We have thought about that too Melissa but are still in the dark with no answer at all... Like you said with all the advertising we made for her return, close to 500 poster (advertising her pictures, description and the $500 offered for her return) put all over the dutch side on GEBE poles along side roads and street in commercial as well as residential area, some on the French side, radio, newspaper article in the French side, newspaper adds and opinion letter (only one was published, the otherone I wrote trying to get a reaction from the vet wasn't published because it was "too accusatory against him" I was told! BS when you know what you can read as insult letter against individaul that some people write without signing their name, and me at least I did signed my name of that one, but the Daily Herald is selective on who they allow publishing and who they want to protect...)... We even thought that she wasn't attached properly and get scared by the car passing hhigh speed on the road next to her, and maybe she broke away and was hit by one of those car and died... we don't know... For us too it sound incredible that nobody saw her... It is tought, very tought...
Thanks for caring,

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 24, 2009 02:34PM

We all care, Philippe and hope and pray for her safe recovery.

Annie

Date: August 24, 2009 02:39PM

Either she got hit by a car like you said, or he gave her to someone. You know, if she did get hit by a car, he at least owes you an explanation. He should tell you , if that's what happened. Sure you'd be pi$$ed and hurt, but at least you'd know. You wouldn't be making yourself sick over the matter. You could at least start healing. Now, if he gave her to someone.....you know he's not going to say a word. It just seems very odd to me. Unless she got away herself and is hiding under something.

Melissa

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 24, 2009 02:58PM

I had thought the same thing but you would have thought that someone would have seen this happen other than the vet himself so keeping it quiet would be a tough thing to do. Regarding giving the dog to someone is a possibility but I couldn't think why he would risk his reputation by doing this.

I personally believe that she got loose and ran. But my impression would be that she would steer her way toward Philippe and William's home and based on the distance between the 2, it would take her some time to maneuvre the mountains and roads and depending on how many people actually live between these areas, might be hard for someone to actually detect.

When we moved from our apartment to our current home and had a small Yorkie called Harold, on the first outdoor walk that we made, he actually began to trace his way back to the apartment and so I do hope that it is my last thought that is the truth and hope that eventually she does find her way back. Dogs have an amazing sense of direction and when they have a will, they'll find a way to at least return to the same area from where they lived.

[www.vrbo.com]

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |