Posted by: DanandPam (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: April 21, 2009 11:10AM

Pat as usual...a fantastic read!!!
Glad all had a blast!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SXM Trip Report - 04/04 - 04/16/09
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2009 07:57PM

Today SXM PRIDE and CIA students along with Towers staff cleaned up Mullet Bay Beach. See my blog for a video and some pictures.
I am so proud of these young people.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: andrea (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 22, 2009 12:23AM

Sounds like you had a lovely trip, Pat.

Ah, yes, disgusting about Mullet. On the day I left in March I spent my final sunning moments at Mullet near the rocks and was disgusted at the garbage that was there then. Seeing the pictures after Easter was awful. Shame on ALL those people! And, shame on the govt for not providing proper disposal of garbage on the beaches!

Yes, I too brought my own disposable grocery bag this trip. After 3 weeks the ladies at Food Express got to know that I had my own bag. So much so that when I would stop in there unexpectantly on the way home from somewhere and didn't have my bag they would ask me where it was. At home. sad smiley I refused to take the plastic and would just pile up what I had in my arms - or make Kevin carry it! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out It's takes getting used to.... but I tried my best!grinning smiley

peace smiling smiley

Posted by: Cindy (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: April 23, 2009 08:57PM

Pat,

My husband and I are going to St. Maarten for the first time this summer. I would like two ask a couple of things. Tell me more about the person that rented you a cell phone and a car. Is it super pricey? Are you familiar with Mary's Boon or Pasanggrahan? If so, is there one you might recommend? We are not going completely on the "cheap" but we are trying to save a buck where we can. Thanks so much!

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 27, 2009 08:12PM

Cindy,

I trust you've gotten my e-mail about Saba/Anguilla and MB/Pasangrahan but regarding Sharon and the phone rental, it was $25. for two weeks and then we had Sharon put $20. worth of minutes on it and while we used it a bunch, we never did run out of time. Also, if you happen to be renting your car from Lesley Bruce, they have a drop off arrangement they've worked out and it's incredibly convenient.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |