The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Captain Olvers
Posted by: bjs (---.199.BR-ZO.indytel.com)
Date: April 11, 2009 03:33PM

Can anyone tell me if Captain Oliver's still has its seafood buffet on Saturday evening in JUNE. We will not be back to St Martin until June and would like to eat lobster at Captain Oliver's buffet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Captain Olvers
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: April 11, 2009 05:56PM

Yes Captain Oliver's will have its Saturday seafood Buffet in June. Reservations are mandatory though...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Kathy (---.rexhealth.com)
Date: April 13, 2009 02:11PM

I am excited about trying the seafood buffet in late May...but I am traveling with a person who does not eat seafood. Is it an option to order from the menu as well?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 13, 2009 04:04PM

there are many meats at the buffet
it's not just seafood

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Re: Captain Oliver's
Posted by: Suzanne (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 13, 2009 05:43PM

Are you kidding? They have a carving station of Roast Suckling Pig, Large roast beef, leg of lamb and pork. There is something for everyone!

Date: April 13, 2009 08:36PM

OUps..my bad ! I should know better !!!confused smiley Don't ya think ??? eye rolling smiley Duhhh (and I am being yelled at LOL.. imagine!)>grinning smiley<
Yes there many selection beside seafood and Lobster on the buffet....: Meat poultry, vegetables, cheese, sald bar, hors d'oeuvres, etc...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 14, 2009 12:57PM

Kathy,
Yes, I have first hand knowledge of the variety on this buffet. And all great!
And Philippe, you left out the desserts.......decadent!winking smiley
Can't wait to return to SXM so I can return. thumbs up

smileys with beer Contessa

Date: April 14, 2009 04:50PM

You see ?... I don't know what I am doing anymore!.. I need a break and some vaccations....

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: JustMe (12.16.111.---)
Date: April 16, 2009 08:36PM

Is it and goes Captain Olivers still have the two sea turtlex pent up providimg a zoo type of entertainment fir guest.

I am certainly happy that there are orgs making sure this type of thing doesn't happen anymore.

Gee, Barbara - when this thing situation surfaced your opinion was strong - what is it now? Are these turtles still in captivity? What, again was the reason, method for them being held there?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 17, 2009 09:21AM

Just me
It is not the kind of situation I like. I don't think animals should be taken from the wild but those animals have been there for a long time.
They could never be released into the wild at this point so at least they are being well cared for.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 09:22AM by Barbara1.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 17, 2009 02:07PM

Philippe,

I just wanted to tell you, our return to Captain Oliver's after so many years absence, was well worth the wait as was the effort of making the drive from 'our' side of the island to 'yours'. I'm still not so certain we'd ever find it in the dark these days but thank heavens for our personal drivers - they got us there in fine style.

Dinner was wonderful - the food, the setting and most specifically, the company couldn't have been any nicer and so we thank you most sincerely. You've done an incredible job in turning Captain Olivers around - I hope the owners are very pleased, as well they should be.

And finally, to have gotten to meet you - the "real deal" as it were, was very nice, as well. The humor, knowledge and witt you show in your writings, enjoyable as it usually is, is far more entertaining when in person! Thank you for the hospitality you showed us - believe me, it was absolutely our pleasure.

And I truly do hope you take some time off for yourself - get some rest and have some fun. Life can't be just all about work..........what fun would that be?

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: biturbo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 19, 2009 02:37PM

We'll be arriving at Les Balcons on 5/22 for 12 days, and can't wait to try the buffet. Previous visits to Capt. Oliver's have been mediocre at best, but since Phillippe has been there, it has received rave reviews on "all 3" boards. I havn't posted on this board for a while, but as our trip nears, will be checking more frequently for helpful advice.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |