The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

$1 to 1e restaurants
Posted by: Marguerite (---.gtwy.uscourts.gov)
Date: April 09, 2009 02:46PM

Appreciate any info for Grand Case restaurants that still charge $1 to 1 euro - thank you
Also, did Bamboo Bernie's open in Maho yet?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 02:54PM by Marguerite.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: $1 to 1e restaurants
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 09, 2009 03:54PM

I can't help you with the 1 for 1 but Bamboo did open in Maho about 8 months ago and has gotten some nice reviews for their sushi. I believe that it is mostly if not all...a sushi restaurant now.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Norbert (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: April 09, 2009 07:36PM

Besides sushi, Bamboo Bernies also offers a full menu.

Norbert - DineSXM

DineSXM - St. Maarten / St. Martin restaurant guide & online reservations.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 09, 2009 09:34PM

Thanks Norbert for offering that important piece of info. Someone once posted a report that it was a sushi place now so it's nice to know that this was not really true. In fact we avoided going this past December, only because we don't eat sushi.... Sounds like someplace we can now go in December.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 10, 2009 11:11AM

Most GC restaurants that offer 1 for 1 will display a sign outside or post the fact on the menu.When you make reservations you can ask if they offer that deal.

Date: April 10, 2009 08:02PM

Just be careful when you read the signs. My nephew stayed in the Grand Case area and went into a restaurant that posted 1:1 outisde. After the bill came, the food wasn't charged as 1:1 and that was because the sign was deceptive. The drinks were 1:1 but the food wasn't. Just a warning....

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2009 08:33PM

that's bad business practice.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2009 08:33PM

Geeezzz... you have some creative croks all over now... I never heard of that one but somehow I am not surprised! amazing....eye rolling smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 10, 2009 09:09PM

Yep...he learned his lesson VERY fast. smiling smiley This was the first restaurant they went to and also the first trip to the island (their honeymoon). On Sunday I'll ask him if he can remember which restaurant it was.

Thankfully, he took after his Aunt in the fact that nothing gets us down when we're set on having a good vacation... and he did! So much so that even though he is deathly afraid to fly and it took alot to get him to go to begin with, he went back this past year once again. Of course, he was passed out on the plane both ways and I have the photos to prove it...lol

[www.vrbo.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |