- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I need more advice again! :-)
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2009 04:06PM

Thanks to all who responded to my question about snorkel trips.
Now I have another question.
My daughter and her husband are coming to visit . They will be here for their anniversary.
She would like to do something special.....like a private dinner on the beach.
Does anyone know who might do that?
all comments more than welcome!
Thanks!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 04:08PM by Barbara1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need more advice again! :-)
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 04:27PM

Hi Barbara...as much as I would love to have a dinner on the beach, I have seen the same plans of others go up in smoke, or should I say wind, bugs, or brief rain showers, on the evening of the dinner. They would mostly land up eating either in discomfort (but not admitting this to each other) or indoors instead. It's my suggestion that we find you a restaurant that will surpass a dinner on the beach by being totally romantic in ambiance as well as superb cuisine.... This is a tough one because many places are one or the other but not both. I do remember a restaurant reviewed way back when and is located in the Cul de Sac near Anse Marsel with the word "Sol" in it, I believe. From what the poster stated, it certainly sounded like a most awesome evening of views and food and very private and intimate... sorry I don't have the full name but I'm sure you know which one I mean. Maybe even hiring a private limo to take them there and back would be the ultimate experience.

Well, that's my suggestion....

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 04:28PM by John.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 04:31PM

Vicki, is it Sol e Luna? I've never been there but I have read good things about it.

It's no secret that my recommendation for a romantic restaurant would be La Vie en Rose in Marigot. Ask for a balcony table. It has the combination of ambiance, great food, and impeccable service.

Sorry Barbara, I know that doesn't really answer your question, but I have to agree with Vicki that the dinner on the beach could be fraught with problems.

Date: March 26, 2009 04:32PM

yes, Vicki. you are thinking of Sol Y Luna.
That is a great place..wonderful food and very romantic. but she wants something private under a tent on the beach.. rain or not LOL

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 05:15PM

Then maybe Mary's Boon since I did read that they did this sort of thing. Can't guarantee that the food will be good but she'll have the beach thing.... smiling smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: March 26, 2009 05:24PM

yes, I thought of that too. I will call them. But I wondering if there were any other places that might do it.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 05:30PM

Not too many restaurants actually have access to the beach. I know that Tortuga would hold a "Dinner on the Beach" night but every time we were there and they were supposed to have it, they wouldn't because of the weather or the tides... that's why I mentioned the adverse conditions. How about sending them to Anguilla for a dinner on the beach at the famous restaurant (name escapes me - book was written by the owners) and then an overnight at one of the nice resorts?

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 07:43PM

B, not that it is that great, but Mary's Boon still does it. I believe they have a canopy.
I bet P. could set you/them up.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: irina (---.tlatechnologies.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 11:00AM

B
I think Fabulous Feasts does things like that. Why don't you call them or the wedding planner you know, Joyce? Maybe Dino would cater?
Sounds great.
i

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 11:42AM

Barbara, Maybe the Domaine,Esmeralda or Radisson might provide that type of dinner.good luck. P.S. How about on Pinel depending on the boats.

Posted by: bijoux@caribserve.net (200.7.52.---)
Date: March 27, 2009 02:20PM

Calmos Cafe in Grand Case. They have good food, good music, good service, good ambience. They have very nice romantic tables for two down on the beach, as well as under a roof (in case it rains). And, if it does start raining, the waiters drop everything and quickly cover each table with a large umbrella. Kick off your shoes cuz sometimes the water reaches you. It's lovely and I'm sure they will enjoy. Highly recommend it.

Posted by: Rasputin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 03:07PM

Hey Barb:

If they want to spend BIG BUCKS,
they might be able to to it at the beach at La Samanna.
I know non-guests can go there for dinner,

don't know if they do the beach dinner thing for non-guests, but you can always call to find out.

quote from their website:

"Beach Dining
Private candlelit dinner on Baie Longue beach starting at $470 per couple

Monday night lobster beach BBQ starts at $85 per person.

For more information, please contact the hotel reservations at: reservations@lasamanna.com"

You said all suggestions welcome. eye popping smiley

Date: March 27, 2009 03:18PM

starting at $470 per couple?
are they serious? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I'll pass the suggestion along LOL

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 03:58PM

Barbara...let us know what they ultimately choose! I would love to know.

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: March 27, 2009 04:36PM

Ok, Vicki, I'll do that.
Thanks to you all for all the suggestions.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |