- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: May 2009 Trip
Posted by: islandbound (200.7.54.---)
Date: March 24, 2009 08:35AM

In addition to the suggestions of the Marigot & Simpson Bay fish markets, your chef might like to try the supermarket US Import in Sandy Ground (just on the left after you've crossed the French bridge heading towards Marigot from Basse Terre). They usually have a well stocked fresh fish counter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maryann (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 01:10PM

I've used Unity for years. They pick me up at the airport. Very nice company with fantastic service. thumbs up

Horizon Villa rental Cole Bay Almond Grove
Posted by: Roxane Carr (---.arvig.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 09:54PM

We just returned from St. Maarten at the Horizon villa. We had a rat as an extra guest for the week! I paid $5000 for the week and am not happy. This is unacceptable to me. I have been trying to handle this through gobeach.com and am getting nowhere. I've e-mailed Jennifer and Jennifers Vacation Villas where this rental went through on the island and she doesn't want to speak with me and prefer I only speak with my connection at gobeach.com. I don't know what I should expect nor will they respond.
It's been a week and the e-mails were done right on the island as I'm in the house. I've never encountered a rat before in my life. I can't believe Jennifer is so disrespectful for being a business owner. I want my money back. Please advise as to other methods to resolve this.
Thanks in advance for the help.
rmc

Re: Horizon Villa rental Cole Bay Almond Grove
Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 10:00PM

Rats are common in the Carib islands.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: SXMWendell (75.11.153.---)
Date: March 27, 2009 10:31PM

You are on an island and rats happen. And on Caribbean islands cock roaches happen too and they are big.

Gimmee my Heineken SXM??? Wendell

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 07:39AM

I am not trying to be a wise-guy but if it disturbed you that much, why did you not move out immediately upon finding this thing. It probably would not have bothered me at all but every person as a certain tolerance level for animals and so animals of any kind may not be your thing. For me, as long as the rat were outside the home, this is a natural thing but if it were in the house though, that would be a different story.

Because you were trying to communicate while on the island, the notice that you were changing residences and holding them accountable until it was resolved would have probably made a difference but because you did stay in the house and used their facilities the entire week, then they are still due their rent.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 28, 2009 09:04AM

Roxanne
I am not sure where you live but rats are very common in rural areas anywhere in the world.
Yes, we do have rats on the island. This island in spite of all its buildings is rural and so, of course, we have rats.
Was the rat in the house?
If so, was a trap set and was it caught?
did the villa have any maintenance staff?
I am not sure who you rented from..Jennifer's Villas or gobeach?
I would assume that Annemarie from gobeach villa rentals will respond to you, if you rented through her.
I do have to agree with John though..
If you stayed there for a week and used the facilities, they would be due their rent IMHO.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: roxane (---.arvig.net)
Date: April 03, 2009 02:41PM

I appreciate everyones input but no one told us about rats. Yes it was in the house,they
ate our food and the poison in a dish in the laundry. The rep from Jennifers showed us the house and the droppings were there that first day but I thought he didn't comment maybe they were seeds from the plants around the pool blown in. The rat(s) pooped (now I know it's poop) everyday. I know the owners new they were there but the maid and the rep never reported it, so why should I know what it is. I was not disturbed by this until the last day when he was seen. He urinated and bled through out the kitchen and it really ruined the week. I don't deal with rodents in Mn especially not rats. I think I should have been warned as they warned us about electricity, water and air conditioning. I really enjoyed my time there except for the 10 hour power outage and the rat(s). Annemarieke (gobeach.com) is not the problem in this as I now see Jennifers Vacation Villas is as the owner who now told countless lies of the time I spent there. I would like to speak to him face to face. Annemarieke is looking for my next trip where there won't be rats and a nice owner.
Thanks Annemarieke for your help, looking forward to your refund offer. I'll let everyone know when I receive it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 09:43PM by roxane.

Date: April 11, 2009 10:41PM

We didn't say anything about the rat until we saw it. We had 7 people and 2 children in the house. Easy to say move until they do something about this but in reality, if it was my husband and I would have. This is just too many people to inconvenience in moving all our stuff again.(not mention possible expense) I think the owner of Jennifers should have checked it out before we arrived. The droppings were there and no point was made by the maid or the rep from Jennifers Vacation. They were told at the point we could confirm and NO apology was given or effort to right this wrong. I don't care how 'common' they are on the island but have never encountered one in all my stays there. I was told they exterminate monthly after I alerted them so I think they were aware of the issue and gave the renter no warning.
I would not have rented it.

Re: Horizon Villa rental Cole Bay Almond Grove refund
Date: April 26, 2009 05:28PM

Annemarieke did in fact refund $500 to me in a goodwill gesture for a bad experience. I wished the money would have come from Jennifers Vacation villas and the owner David of the Horizon villa. They were not fun to deal with and are not friendly people. I would not go through them ever again. Thanks again Annemarieke.

Posted by: sammie (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: April 27, 2009 01:55PM

How kind of you to accept her hard earned commission!

Date: April 28, 2009 03:20PM

Hey sammie,
Thanks for understanding as you weren't there. I was lead to this place by her as it was not my choice of rentals. Only followed her lead and it didn't work out. You have a lot to say for someone without information in the first place. Grow a pair and and leave your e-mail for response if you're going to post on the board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 03:21PM by roxane.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2009 03:21PM

Ok, this is done.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |