The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Trip Report - Jan30-Feb16, 2009 (part 2)
Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 01, 2009 10:16PM

LUNCH –
Baywatch (2) – Ribs, fries, 2 sodas, beer, Mango Colada - $27.50 plus serv. chrg. 4.50. It was very crowded. Got the last of the ribs. They were only average.
Second trip we ate earlier. Took Chris and Jennifer. Norm had Lasagna, Betty the NJ French Dip, Jen had the Beer Battered Shrimp, and Chris enjoyed the Clams with a breaded coating and wine sauce and whatever. Five vodka lemonades and a soda, bill was $108. with serv. chrg
Beau Beau’s (5) – Located on Dawn Beach, able to charge meal to our room at OBBR, free sodas and tea to OBBR owners with VIP card, and our boycott of Mr Busby’s, makes Beau Beau’s a good choice for lunch. Food is also good. We sampled the Chicken Wrap, 8oz Burger, Triple Decker Sandwich, Ribs/Chicken Combo, Chicken Breast Sandwich. All were good, came with thin fries, and slaw and reasonably priced. Carib is 2 for $3.00 all day.
Sugar Cane Café (3) – Sampled Chicken Caesar Wrap, Philly Cheese Steak, Buffalo Chicken Wrap, French Dip w/ lots of gooey cheese. Enjoyed all meals.
Peg Leg Pub – Sliders, came with fries, slaw. Nice setting.
Mark’s Place – Stopped by after visit to Art Fair with Chris and Jen. Heavy rain storm while we ate. Chicken, Bacon, Gouda Sandwich, Steak Sandwich, Shrimp Fritters, 3 beers, 1 tea. - $36.00, no serv chrg. Good food, good service.
Taloula Mangos – Chicken Quesadillas, 2 sodas, with serv. chrg. and tip $16.00. Nice setting on Boardwalk. Good food.
Karakter Bus – While staying in Simpson Bay Beach area we had to check out Karakter’s. Found it to be as good as everyone has said. Great location, free beach chairs and umbrellas with drink and food purchases.
We sampled the Chicken/Mango Wrap. Good taste with a little spice someplace in it. Not the huge portions you come to expect in SXM. Also sampled the Pina Colada Pie which was a special for the day. With a Salty Dog and soda, bill was $23.50. Intend to go back and try some of the other menu items.
Celine – Not sure this should be under lunch places, but we took the Celine Cruise to Tintamarre. The lunch meal Neil puts out is incredible. Grilled Mahi Mahi, ribs, seafood salad, 5 bean salad, rice, bread,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trip Report - Jan30-Feb16, 2009 (part 2)
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2009 08:28AM

more food! LOL
I'm going to try Karakters today maybe with Andrea.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: DanandPam (69.158.127.---)
Date: March 02, 2009 10:56AM

Ok one question......

HOW DO YOU STAY SO THIN YOU TWO????????????

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2009 03:52PM

man, good question, Dan

ok ...Andrea and I did try Karackers today.
really cute little place but I wish the heinies were colder

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: fabila (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 02, 2009 08:41PM

Great new format to your report Norm. I can't wait to read the rest and find Part I.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2009 07:27AM

oh oh ... bad day then! Last time I went, my Presidente was very cold!...LOL
Nice pic Norm

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: curious (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2009 02:41PM

Noting how much lunch cost at Baywatch compared to other places, seems like a rip off. Not to mention the service charge. What is that anyway? I don't recall any other french side restaurants that have a service charge.

Posted by: JeffV (---.lightspeed.mssnks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 03, 2009 10:22PM

It certainly does beg the question doesn't it Dan? And Barbara I've about bitten my tongue in two to hold back a reply to your heinie comment. Love the report and pix Norm. Keep up the good work!

JeffV

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |