The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

AA flights
Posted by: hofstetter (74.7.170.---)
Date: February 25, 2009 02:56PM

After reading the posting about AA flights this summer I went in and checked my families flights.

They had changed all of the original flights to really bad times. Be aware they never notified me of the changes. Boy am I lucky I checked. I was able to fix most of the connections.

Anyone who has a flight on AA should check to see what they have done to you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AA flights
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 25, 2009 04:00PM

AA is notorious for doing that....AND not notifying you of the changes. They've cancelled our flights and then reinstated at a later date.
Everyone should check their flights periodically regardless of the airline.

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: February 25, 2009 05:36PM

I have four of us traveling in April, on four different locator numbers, all the same flights, just different days, and I received notifications on all of them? In your setup of our AA account, you have to specifically tell them how to notify you.

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 26, 2009 05:49AM

I've got 2 AA accounts and each one has a different 'contact' info (cell phone, e-mail) and NOT once was I ever notified.

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: February 26, 2009 07:49AM

Two diffrent record locators for the same trip for two passengers. Only notification I got was in checking my rez there was a note on each record in red that there had been changes to the itinarary. It was up to me to figure out what it was I guess so the rule is you gotta keep checking your reservation on line.

Date: February 26, 2009 01:50PM

to add in saulght to injury they at first would not change my flight because I was flying on awards???I was told they would have to request them and it would take 24 hours.

I these hard times you would think they would take care of those who travel them the most!

PS my locator information is correct. I feel they were just waiting until too much time would pass and I would be SOL

Posted by: Clem (200.7.59.---)
Date: February 27, 2009 06:36AM

Been traveling on AA for years and guess I am very lucky. I have had many changes, but was always notified by e-mail. Never have had to check on any flights for changes. Watch, this will be the first. Clem

Date: February 27, 2009 09:20AM

Clem you are lucky! Over the last two year travel is no longer a pleasure. The only US carrier that seem to care is Southwest. It seems to me that all American cares about is who pays the most money. If you travel out of the US watch out for American.

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2009 04:06PM

I couldn't believe the changes !!! thumbs down And try to get FF!! Now, THAT'S impossible unless overnights and/or triple connex. There's not advantage to being loyal to one airline. Never again!

smileys with beer Contessa

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |