The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Restaurant suggestions
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 06:21PM

Wow..great price!!! We actually have 2 ice cream makers now. One is a soft serve Ice Cream maker and the other is a standard one. Since it's very cold out, we make the soft serve ice cream and it's like having a night out at Dairy Queen. The other I use in the summer for sorbets. For me, it's just too cold for sorbets but having fresh strawberries is making my mouth water for a nice Strawberry sorbet with a hint of lime. Yummmmm....

Oooopppsss just as I'm writing this, Rick is preparing the machine for some soft serve!!! What a coincidence! He didn't even know I was writing this.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 06:42PM

I have two, also...both Cuisinarts...inexpensive but they do make good ice cream. I have a tangerine and black pepper sorbet in the freezer now...make it awhile back. Wish I had put it on popsicle sticks cause it is so hard and it would be easier to eat as a popsicle.
So what did Rick make?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2009 07:04PM

oh stop it you two..you are making me so hungry for ice cream!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: February 28, 2009 07:56PM

Barbara...send Dee out for some! smiling smiley
I'm not going to have the Sundae tonight...I am too full from my dinner.

Date: February 28, 2009 07:59PM

Sorry Barbara! LMAO....

Vanilla...what else does a meat and potato guy want? grinning smiley But he does put sprinkles and mini M&Ms on it...

We also have Cuissinart's. They are great machines! The soft serve is a little tricky but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. Especially the cleanup.

Let me tell you, although this is off-track...this FaceBook thing is amazing! I just got invites to be "friends" from people I went to High School with and these are not just people I actually knew back then. They are from people who wouldn't have given me the time of day. Very funny but kinda nice. Glad to know that they actually grew up and became responsible adults with feelings.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: DanandPam (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: March 01, 2009 10:55AM

Maybe they want you for your ICE CREAM........You and Annie...got me going last night...so I made poor man's Ben and Jerrys....A tub of any Vanilla...and a pack of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!!
And like some restaurants of the French side...I gave myself One(spoonful) for one(spoonful)!!

Date: March 01, 2009 11:07AM

Hey...whatever it takes to get your fix! That sounds pretty tasty actually.

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: March 01, 2009 01:14PM

Dan...I've never had Ben and Jerry's ice cream! How odd.

Vicki...Well I did get my strawberry ice cream all made today and in the freezer. And I was in the mood to stay in the kitchen so I made some Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles. First time I made those and they did come out very good...very messy to make! OMG...I just HAVE to go on a diet now! Gotta take a break before I start my dinner this evening. I have a gorgeous rib eye steak and I am going to make a balsamic glaze to put over it. Asparagus and some sauteed mushrooms. And, of course, a nice glass (or two) of wine.

Date: March 01, 2009 02:44PM

That Balsamic Glaze over the steak sounds familiar....might this be from another site's recipe? I was wondering how that would taste. Let me know.

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: March 01, 2009 05:09PM

Brian had posted this recipe on TTOL and it came from Allrecipes.com. I suscribe to it and I get the Daily Dish every day with five or six recipes on it. I made the glaze separately as I can't see cooking a good steak in vinegar. Just finished it a little while ago...the glaze that is. And I am glad that I did this as I really do not care that much for it and will not put it on the steak. It might have been the wine I used. I'm not a red wine drinker and the only red I had was some Merlot. Anyhow...I junked the glaze and will make an au jus sauce instead.

Date: March 01, 2009 06:58PM

Yeah...I think I would have landed up doing the same thing. Being that Rick is strictly meat and potatoes, we have come to realize that a truly good steak dinner should not require anything more than a light au jus sauce, making sure to not mask the taste of the steak. Whenever we go to a restaurant and order steak, if the waiter asks if we want steak sauce, Rick says "We'd better not want any". grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: March 01, 2009 07:11PM

I HATE steak sauce! Why oh why ruin a wonderful steak by putting that on it? Ugh!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |