The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Condom wedding dress coming to PJIA?
Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2008 11:59PM

Hey!

Can't hold back in anticipation of seeing the 7200 condom wedding dress on display at PJIA. It's a safe bet many will protest the exhibition and protect their kids from viewing.

It's all the result of some fashion show for AIDS awareness that happened over the weekend according to sxmislandtime.com.

Well, the lucky bride won't have a lot of time for the thank you notes if she makes full use of her sheath.

That about wraps it up....

BIGDEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 07:44AM by BIGDENX.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Condom wedding dress coming to PJIA?
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 02, 2008 01:27PM

damn, Denis, I just got back from Jamaica, and I see your post and thought I was gonna have to delete it because someone was being obscene.. and look at that.
it was you! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: MichaelD (---.dhcp-dynamic.ns.aliant.net)
Date: December 02, 2008 01:45PM

How do I post the picture of the wedding dress in the body of the post??

Date: December 02, 2008 02:11PM

you have to have it uploaded to some internet site.
then

Date: December 02, 2008 02:35PM

Thanks Barbara

Date: December 02, 2008 02:40PM

Is this the one??

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2008 02:44PM

Hey!

Close enough...I'll snap one later in the month at PJIA....

Denis

Date: December 02, 2008 03:01PM

that is THE one at PJIA, isn't it?
gorgeous!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 03:01PM by Barbara1.

Posted by: richard (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: December 02, 2008 03:05PM

You censor my post on tattoos and then we get to see this? Guess we have different definitions of obscene(or tacky).

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: December 02, 2008 05:16PM

Your post on tattoo was I beleive an inappropriate joke, and this is about something which is in public display and opened to anyone, so yes I do agree that we have a different defiitionof obscene, which is also per definition very different than "tacky"...:

Obscene : 1. offensive to morality or decency; indecent; depraved: obscene language.
2. causing uncontrolled lemonadeual desire.
3. abominable; disgusting; repulsive.

Tacky: Lacking style or good taste

respectfully,

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 02, 2008 06:08PM

I was not was not saying obscene meant the same thing as tacky, that is why I included the word "or"; I don't think the joke was obscene, either by my standards or from your definitions, but I do think the definition for tacky and obscene certainly describes the photograph in this post. Barbara can say damn, which might be offensive to some readers, as well as Bigdenx's comments concerning the bride's usage of the materials making up the "dress". Just because something is displayed in public does not make it less offensive or tacky. This forum is also available to the public, so I believe your justification in removing my post doesn't hold up.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2008 06:49AM

The dress exhibited in public display, with aproval of the authorities both officials and airport's ones, was made as a result of serving a cause which is AIDS awarness, your joke wasn't. Neitherless, next to the "check spelling button" there is the little mention "my comment is contructive and friendly", many people are interested about what is hapenning on the island, its actuality, including actions and the causes different groups are acting on, this exhibition is part of it, and I beleive the original comment as well as the picture of the dress are constructive and friendly for AIDS awareness and per consequent for this forum, your joke wasn't.
Now I also beleive it is time to move back to the original topic of this thread,
respectfully,

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 03, 2008 06:31PM

My joke was intended to be humorous, as I believe humor is constructive,and inline with the post about tattoos. If you found it to be in poor taste, it is your right as moderator to take the action you did, although I don't believe my comment was unfriendly. If anyone who read my comment was offended, I would say that it was not my intent to offend anyone, just inject a little humor. I find it somewhat ironic that on an island with brothels, something as tame as my joke was deemed to be offensive, unconstructive, and unfriendly. What I find to be offensive is the fact that hundreds of thousands of children in sub-Saharan Africa have been orphaned by AIDS and that several of my friends and neighbors have died of AIDS, not some joke on a chat forum. Hope you find this constructive and friendly. I was disappointed that your restaurant was closed this September as we were looking forward to meeting you and enjoying a meal at your fine establishment.I look forward to meeting you when we return to SXM. Did you hear the one about the guy who walked into the bar and said......oops, nevermind.

Date: December 03, 2008 06:45PM

Richard, I believe you have explained yourself and your intent, as has Philippe.
Sometimes people see things differently.
As moderators, we know we can not please all the people all of the time.
We just try to use our best judgment.
I think the subject should be closed now, and we should try to get back to the original subject of this thread, which was indeed trying to prevent AIDS by promoting awareness...
This I am sure we can all agree upon.
Barbara

Date: December 03, 2008 09:37PM

Thanks, Barbara. Yes, we can all agree on that.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |