The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Credit Card - New Feature
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 10:53AM

Some credit card companies now give you the option of being notified on any charges over $25 via e-mail. This would come in handy for those connected to the internet during their vacation. That way, if any erroneous charges come through while you away, you can get a jump on it before it gets serious. Check with your credit card company and see if this option is available to you.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Re: Credit Card - New Feature
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 03:14PM

My new cc feature is not to use it on SXM except for the hotel bill & car rental. All others will be paid with TC or cash during our next two vacations.

Posted by: Clem (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 26, 2008 08:27AM

My credit card company (Citi Card) said that they could not e-mail or call out of the country if a problem. Hope it changes. E-mail would be great. Clem

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 26, 2008 11:34AM

In the future, if you want, you can sign up for a Capital One Card. I know that sometimes people use a particular card for the miles so this may not work for them but I have received notifications already for 4 purchases since this weekend (all legit) and maybe if you only use it while on the island, this may be, at least something to help you all in case of fraud.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |