The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

new location for the Greenhouse?
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 11, 2008 07:04PM

This blog says the Greenhouse is to open a second location at the Atrium, where Picante restaurant is/was.

[247sxm.blogspot.com]

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new location for the Greenhouse?
Posted by: Elaine (---.60-25.caribserve.net)
Date: November 12, 2008 06:20AM

I've heard the same thing from a pretty reliable source. But it doesn't look like they're working on it yet. Says closed for renovation on the doors.

Posted by: HobokenAngst (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 10:52AM

Just got back, owner at Atrium. Spoke to individual who was moving things in the place. Said that this will be a new Greenhouse location. It will open in about 2 months ( allot of work needs to be done). Reason for this move he said was that with all of the TRAFFIC problems on the island, very few people are visiting the Phillipsburg location from Simpson bay. The Buc beach bar was hopping though!!!!

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 11:54AM

Hey!

What a great location for GREENHOUSE if the parking doesn't get too extreme.

PICANTE was good and the entertainment enjoyable but something was missing; possibly it didn't attract happy hour locals who prefer BBB.

With all the TS rooms/suites nearby it's a natural, and walking isn't an issue. Only problem is BIG time competition from a series of Billy Folly establishments like:

Hideaway at LaVista
Toppers at Flamingo
Buccaneer Beach Bar
Cafe streetside at Pelican
New Italian place where Los Gauchos was
Add the ones I missed....

Personally I'd like to see a breakfast focused menu someplace on Billy Folly that would be less expensive then the now too pricey SMYC/ Spinnaker, ( $5.00 corn beef hash side) and a tad closer than Ric's.

Banana pancakes, breakfast crepes, omelettes, real hash browns, grits, Johnny Cake, big sausages, carafe of Cafe American on the table and waffles with maple syrup will get my A.M. $$$$$'s.

You can only eat so much and so often......

Denis

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 25, 2008 12:48PM

Denis have you tried Capucino diner? We did and it was very reasonable and good breakfast food. The price is more reasonable than Spinnaker's although you don't have the great view and atmosphere.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.135.33.65.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 02:19PM

Hey Louise!

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Yes, have tried Cappucino for soup and stuff after midnight...always good food but never thought about it for breakfast.

Typical for me when alone and shooting at the beach is the buffet early at Food Express and when M is in tow we go all the way for Le Croissanterie in Marigot Marina....# 1 for consistent good ambience, food and lots of COFFEE in a CARAFE. ( since KF is gone ) Patient owners endure my French practice between head shrugs and giggles ...hahaha

Will take your hint and try in a few weeks. Off the 26th. for 9 sleeps.

ATB to The Phantom.

Den

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 25, 2008 02:49PM

Cappuccino Diner Bar & Restaurant have a breakfast special for $4.95, eggs, home fries, bacon, and toast. The Phantom loved it. I'm pretty sure you can get breakfast 24/7.

I'm more of a crepe breakfast person so I love La Croissanterie in Marigot and David gets the American Bkfst. The regular croissants are so flaky!

Have a great time and all my love to Sarah!

Gobble, Gobble!

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 03:10PM

Sounds great but I hope the roads and parking are improved in that area.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |