The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

caribbeancard.com
Posted by: SXMSeashell (57.67.16.---)
Date: October 30, 2008 10:56AM

Looking for your input...good or bad

Does anyone have experience using the restaurant discounts offered through the Caribbean Card?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: caribbeancard.com
Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 12:04PM

I don't really take advantage of the discount coupons but I'm sure you could probably get some of those discounts directly from the restaurant's websites. I know that the Paris Bistro had coupons on their website and lots of others as well. The only convenience I could see is that the Caribbean Card puts all of them into one neat package but at the same time, isn't there a charge for it anyway?

If you get it "free" with the purchase of something else, and when I say "free" you are not paying more to use their services and get this card for "free" (or else it would not really be free), then sure, you could take advantage of those coupons to save some money if those are the restaurants and activities of interest.

Most discounts (not all) are for a free drink or appetif, and usually at those restaurants they usually offer a free appertif anyway. To me, that really isn't a special savings if everyone else is offered the same as well.

My best suggestion is to scan the web for the restaurants you are interested in and go to their websites. See if there are any coupons and then print them out before you leave for your trip. They will probably be the same discounts you'd get with the Caribbean Card.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Jack (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 31, 2008 09:05AM

The best restaurants are on the Card...you can save over $100/week

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: October 31, 2008 09:20AM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best restaurants are on the Card...you can
> save over $100/week

cAN YOU Tell us what restraunts they are since we all got different opinions to whats the best.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 01, 2008 11:02AM

Their website lists the offers. www.caribbeancard.com

Posted by: Clem (---.52-232.caribserve.net)
Date: November 05, 2008 07:43AM

We use the Caribbean card all the time and depending on what restaurant, you can get up to $20.00 off the bill. Well worth it. Clem

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 05, 2008 11:04AM

Clem, do you buy it online, or over the phone? I went to the website, and the cost is $39.95, but I thought I had read either here or on TTOL that it is $20.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 05, 2008 12:13PM

yES. Call them and ask for the daily herald special price if its still out there. $19.95 or something like that. If its as good as they say its gotta be worth at least that much.

Posted by: Clem (---.59-211.caribserve.net)
Date: November 05, 2008 04:18PM

You have to go to caribbeancard.com or Mr. St. Martin mrstm.com Clem

Posted by: SXMSeashell (57.67.16.---)
Date: November 06, 2008 11:25AM

Thanks Jack. I purchased it for our upcoming trip. Do you suggest presenting the coupon before ordering or is it okay to present it after our meal before you get the check?

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |