The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Omar - Need Updates
Posted by: Elaine (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 04:56PM

Sapphire is fine. No damage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: curious (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 24, 2008 08:47PM

Elaine are you in SXM now? (You speak with such authority on all of these questions as to what restaurants and bars are open, the status of the beaches and resorts, etc.) we didn't think you arrive in SXM until the first week of November...we have to get together then.

Date: October 25, 2008 11:47AM

No, I'm freezing my butt of in CT! But have friends I talk to almost daily that give me some scoop. And I read alot of message boards!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2008 12:05PM

Elaine knows more about what is going on here than I do, and I live here. >grinning smiley<

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 25, 2008 12:41PM

Awe, c'mon, Elaine, it's not all that cold here in CT today but I'm thinking you'd better high-tail it out of here soon because they're calling for some really cold stuff for the beginning of the week.

And, B, really - in order to know what's going on you have to go over the hill once in a while to catch up.

Take care, both of you,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: October 25, 2008 12:48PM

Yes B, you have to get out more!

Pat - 9 more days and I'll be out of this. And I will guarantee you it's 10 degrees colder here than where you live. It usually is. Picked a lousy day to wash windows!

Cheers,

Elaine

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 25, 2008 01:11PM

Hey, It was freezing here on L.I. last night and I had the heat way up too.Thankfully I have my winter vacations for warm weather and getting a little break from the cold & snow.Hope to see everyone on D island in a month.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2008 01:17PM

yes, Bob, bring postcards when you come.

and Elaine and pat, if I got out of the house more I wouldn't be able to blog as much and post as much LOL
priorities you know! LOL

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: October 25, 2008 03:42PM

Yes B - where does everyone think any of us get half our information? eye rolling smiley

Date: October 25, 2008 03:55PM

B,

I just sent you an e-mail - well, two, actually, since I'm not sure which is the right address at this point.

Elaine,

I guess we're about a week behind you and I can't wait. And as for the temps, you're probably correct - I think it is generally a little warmer here than it is up in Cornwall. That's why we choose to live in the South - LOL!! But c'mon, girl, cleaning windows on a day like this?

Bob,

You have the heat on already? We had a fire going in our wood stove last night and most of today but I'm afraid we're going to have to give in and turn the boiler on soon. Don't forget B's postcards!! >grinning smiley<

Take care,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: October 26, 2008 01:40PM

Last night we had rain,thunder & lightning but it wasn't very cold.Hopefully L.I. will have a winter similar to last yrs.How about CT did you get the storm too. 4 weeks till SXM.

Date: October 26, 2008 02:44PM

Oh, yea, did we ever get that storm, Bob!! The winds were howling and the rain at some points was actually coming down sideways. But today is sunny and gorgeous, if fall-like temperature wise, day here in Ct.

smiling smiley smiling smiley

Respectfully,

pat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2008 02:45PM by pat.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2008 03:04PM

Actually we are having Spring-like temps???? What the heck??? But I'm not complainin'!!!

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: October 27, 2008 10:09AM

Pat, I heard your area had the same storm on the news.The lightning we experienced was close to us and loud!I can't believe almost a yr has passed since we were at the Towers.The weather on L.I. today is sunny and around 50.Now I have to go out and buy a few new items for our trip. (M spray)I want to limit the amount of bits this trip because of Dengue.We'll just stay on windy beaches and at night I'll wear pants/no shorts out to dinner.What do you think about the D situation?

Posted by: chef (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 27, 2008 01:51PM

DH reporting that 2 persons have succumbed and that there will be a Cable TV Special on the subject tonight
Special on Dengue Fever

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |