- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rain rain Rain...
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 21, 2008 08:53AM

Rain rain rain... It's pouring rain since yesterday! Locked in the house, so bored, nothing to do, nowhere to go!eye rolling smiley
Cannot figurate out an activity to do....confused smiley who said we were living in paradise LOL!...Cannot even go to the Mall, Walmart or Target !!! grinning smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rain rain Rain...
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 21, 2008 09:05AM

Oh no!!!! My nephew and his wife and friends just arrived yesterday! They didn't say anything about rain when they called last night. Poor dears... I do hope they get at least a few days of sunshine.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: September 21, 2008 09:08AM

I think it should clear in the next 24 hours but right now we are bellow that :

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 21, 2008 09:15AM

Ok Thanks Philippe! Many years ago we went on vacation close to home but far enough away to not travel back but it rained every single day! It was horrendous. I don't care where a person is in the world...rain for entire week is just so depressing, not to mention the flooded roads.

Well, take out Scrabble and play a few challenging games with William. Allow him to put only French words down and you, English. That would be fun!

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 21, 2008 09:28AM

Top DVD Rentals
[www.rottentomatoes.com]

Date: September 21, 2008 09:37AM

The funny thing is (well in fact it's not really funny for me moody smiley) is that I just found out that my DVD player/theater sound system is ..out of order!!!! angry smiley sad smiley so no DVD watching today either...GRRRRRR LOL
I have to ask Barbara what she is suggesting smoking smiley I am sure she is as bored as I am and locked into her house too LOL...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2008 09:39AM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 21, 2008 11:03AM

hey P
I know what you mean. actually I just got up..nothing to do but sleep in on a morning like this.
right now it is cloudy..no rain..no wind, but I can hear thunder in the distance.

Vicki, not such a nice day for your family today but it should be better tomorrow.
This is 93L folks and we are not getting the worst of it, but PR may get some heavy rains.
There will be a plane probably sent in later today to investigate this system to see if it is forming into anything. They do expect a tropical depression to form in the next day or so.
Well, maybe I can get my book finished then today.
and oh yea, one more bad thing about weather like this.
stinky wet dogs and footprints all over my house!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 21, 2008 12:01PM

Vicki, I'm sure they will find something to do if they can't go out. HaHa

Date: September 21, 2008 12:06PM

yes, right Bob..hope they don't have any kids with them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 21, 2008 12:41PM

Actually they were just married last year and honeymooned on the island so at least they have an idea of the possibilities... but.... they have friends with them so I guess none of that will happen Bob...lol

Elaine and Bill are there as well (at the end of the hallway) so maybe they'll knock on their door and offer some good suggestions.grinning smiley

One thing I have to tell you is that Alex (my nephew) is severely afraid of flying. It took alot for him to come here last year but he made it and found that although he hates flying, the island is worth coming to. BUT....when they made their approach yesterday on JetBlue, they had to make an emergency (don't know the term) re-takeoff because there was a plane on the runway while they were approaching the final landing! He told me that the plane tilted so much that he thought for a second they were flying sideways. The pilot came down and immediately went up and sideways. Poor Alex! But even with that, he realized that he made it through this and so it's not as scarey as he thought it to be and that there are ways around even the scarest situations when on a plane.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 21, 2008 08:20PM

Tabba Khady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rain rain rain... It's pouring rain since
> yesterday! Locked in the house, so bored, nothing
> to do, nowhere to go!eye rolling smiley
> Cannot figurate out an activity to do....confused smiley who
> said we were living in paradise LOL!...Cannot even
> go to the Mall, Walmart or Target !!! grinning smiley

You can't figure out an activity to do?winking smiley

Date: September 22, 2008 07:05AM

Yeeaa... The sun is out this morning!....

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 22, 2008 07:10AM

Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: September 22, 2008 09:30AM

yep, we can actually see blue skies

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 22, 2008 11:14AM

there is an old expression that goes "it never rains inside bars (actually gin mills) Perhaps it is because of the rain there was such a large turnout for clean-up day at Mullet

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |