The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Bubba at the Revival.......
Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 19, 2008 08:04AM

Bubba goes to the revival and listens to the preacher.After awhile the preacher asks anyone with needs to be prayed over to come forward to the front at the altar.Bubba gets in line, and when it's his turn the preacher asks: "Bubba, what do you want me to pray about for you?"
Bubba replies: "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing."
The preacher puts one finger in Bubba's ear, and he places the other hand on top of Bubba's head and prays and prays. After a few minutes, the preacher removes his hands, stands back and asks : "Bubba, how is your hearing now?"
Bubba says,"'I don't know, Reverend, it ain't until next Wednesday". >grinning smiley<

smileys with beer Contessa

Re: Bubba at the Revival.......
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 19, 2008 08:23AM

I admit that it had to re-read... but I did finally get it! Very good. Thanks for the laugh.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: mikentara (---.152.57.72.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: September 19, 2008 10:01AM

John,
You've spent too much time in NJ!
Down South we have a lot of Bubba's-so I got it right away!!!
Too funny!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 19, 2008 06:42PM

mikentara!!! That was so funny!!! Though I do have to blame it more on Friday morning deadheadedness than New Jersey stupidity but it does factor in proportionately...grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 20, 2008 07:24PM

Yep, us Southerners don't have any problems understanding Bubba jokes, y'all!

Posted by: richard (---.area1.spcsdns.net)
Date: September 22, 2008 05:50PM

Bubba lives in a Catholic neighborhood and ever Friday his neighbors were tormented by the aroma of deer steaks on Bubba's grill. They decided they would try to get Bubba to convert, and after much cajouling, Bubba agreed to become a Catholic. At Mass, the priest sprinkled holy water on Bubba's head and said" Bubba, you were born a Baptist, raised as a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic." The next Friday, much to the neighbors dismay, the tantilizing aroma of deer steaks from Bubba's grill wafted throughout the neighborhood. Peaking across the fence, they saw Bubba tending to his his deer steaks, sprinkling holy water upon them and saying "You wus born a deer, raised as a deer, but now you is a catfish.'

Posted by: mikentara (---.153.5.75.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: September 23, 2008 11:07AM

Good one!

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |