The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Another part of the trip...
Posted by: MelissaG (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 16, 2008 08:30PM

To answer a few of questions...

Yes, I got my suit back on at Mullet

I don't remember where in Anguilla we went for our snorkeling trip. I think we were suppose to go to Sandy Ground or something like that, but we ended up at a place where there was a bar/restaurant called Roy's..? Maybe....lol

Anyway, before we got back on the cat, we were all swimming and one of the passengers got up on the boat and asked who all wanted a beer. Well of course everyone in the water wanted one. So he said "Ok, if you want a beer you have to slap your hands in the water and bark like seals....Like a bunch of fools, there were about 20-25 of us in the water slapping our hands and ar, ar, ar, ar....we were all hysterical. Even the crew came over to see what all the noise was about. They started laughing and shook their heads and walked away. That made us laugh and ar, ar, ar even more. It's funny how you drink and eat together and become on happy family.

One lady from England came up to me and said "Oh the Dolla lady! Can I have my picture taken with you?" I looked at her and said "Oh sh-t!" and busted out laughing. She told me to look for myself on youtube......"niiiiice" I thought.

Ok....the Dolla lady must explain the Dolla thing.
At the buffet given by Toppers, I was called on stage by the nice gentleman with the nice buns with 3 other people. A gentleman who must have been in his late 40's early 50's. A newlywed girl who was probably about 21 or 22, myself 45, and another newlywed young man about 22-23. We were asked if we could move our hips. I'm thinking at this time..."Oh yea, it may be big, but I can move it." We all get in a row, boy, girl, girl, boy. He said ok, when I say 5 cents, move your hips to the left (we did), he said when I say 10 cents move your hips to the right (we did), he said when I say 50 cents move your butt back (we did) and when I say Dolla, move your hips forward (we did that as well). But when he said dolla, we had to take our fists and move them back as we thrust our hips forward. lol

We then had to go center stage and do this in front of everyone to the beat of music as he was saying his 5 cent, 10 cent, 50 cent, dolla.

The first man, well he was kind of off beat..ok a lot off beat. The little girl next to me seemed like she was afraid she might break something if she gave it too much umph. Me, as I was watching, thought...hell with it, give it your all honey buns, you don't know a soul here......and I gave it my all!

He got to calling out the money and the beat of the music was like a double beat so that's what I was doing. He stopped the music and said "Honey, you're getting double paid here." I said, "Hell, I have to keep this big thing in beat." He said "Girl, I never thought you'd be able to move that thing like that." I said "It may be big, but I know how to use it." Everyone just busted out laughing and clapping. So he made me start all over again. lol So needless to say, when I was doing my Dolla, Dolla, Dolla, at the end, I was making a reputation for myself as the Dolla Lady. And was identified as the Dolla Lady 3 days later on our trip to Anguilla. I did win a free Prime Rib dinner and a free boat trip from Simpson Bay to Marigot.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy either. They didn't have Prime Rib again that I seen (we were always doing something and not in the area all the time) and we never had a chance to make the boat trip either. It's all good, we had a great time! Please, if you get a chance to go to the buffet, do it, you'll have a blast!

--------------------
Melissa

Melissa

Re: Another part of the trip...
Posted by: gome (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 16, 2008 10:47PM

how about one post at a time

Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 17, 2008 06:29AM

I'm sorry....I didn't know it really made a difference. confused smiley

Melissa

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 17, 2008 08:38AM

It doesn't Melissa, and thanks for posting as many post you want! They are good to read, refreshing and funny!thumbs up

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 17, 2008 08:39AM

It doesn't really make a difference, but sometime it is easier to follow and find information if it is all under one thread.
don't worry.
I am glad you had a good trip. and we love to watch tourists dancing to that song LOL

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 08:40AM by Barbara1.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.wifi-aruba.com)
Date: September 17, 2008 03:00PM

Hey!

Good fun at TOPPER's now....good news! Happy you had a blast...keep em coming...I'm jealous, in Aruba for a bit and bored to death...give me some SXM excitement !!!!

Denis

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |