The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Our flight to SXM 8/31/08
Posted by: MelissaG (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 16, 2008 08:27PM

I'm going to do this the best I can. I didn't take any notes so this is on a whim.

We get to the airport on the 31st and do the "auto check-in"
Well...our names (husband and I) aren't in the system.
The lady at the counter took my print out sheet and our passports...there we are. Our last names first and our first names last....greeeaaaattt. My fault.
She tells us she can't change our names in the system because the flight was full and we would be bumped. So we have to go to security and get searched (patted down) and our carry-ons gone through. The security officers kept appologizing for what they were doing. They thought is was nonsense when our passports had our pictures and the boarding pass had our correct names, just reversed.

We get to Charlotte and have to check-in again at the counter (where you board) and the lady there was nasty.
She wanted to know "WHY" our names wasn't changed. I told her we didn't know, and she just rolled her eyes. I wasn't going to keep the conversation going, I just let her deal with it.

We take off from Charlotte (a few clouds) with a tilt to the right, a tilt to the left, a drop, another tilt to the right, and left and another drop. By that time there were a few people who were looking quite nervous, me included. And again...another tilt to the right and a tilt to the left. I bursted out "Alright already" and people started laughing.

The rest of the flight was pretty good. We had to fly over Florida between Gustov and Hanna. We thought "oh this should be a real treat". No problems though.

When we landed in SXM, we landed on one wheel...again, a tilt to the right, a tilt to the left. It seemed like the pilot was never going to land. You know when you're over the runway and you start to see the water on your right? (usually the wheels on the ground by then?) Ours wasn't. Again, I burst out "Land already", I had my brakes on but they didn't work to well. LOL

You know how the Airlines are now starting to sell the duty free liquor and stuff? Well they made the comment that they were out of Vodka.....I think I know what happened to it, or who drank it...LMAO

We finally made it.....YAY!!!!!!!!!

More to follow soon.

--------------------
Melissa

Melissa

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |