The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Back home, miss SXM already
Posted by: richard (---.area2.spcsdns.net)
Date: September 15, 2008 05:11PM

Just returned home after a week in paradise! I love SXM! Weather was great; we flew around Ike last Saturday and were on the beach by 4pm. This was our third year in a row to SMX and we always say it can't get better, but it does! Had my birthday dinner at the Green House and it was very enjoyable; also dined at Turtle Pier, Ali is a wonderful hostess. Had a great meal at Pineapple Pete's, Lee's on the last night it was open before they shut down for the month. The ribs and chicken were super.Went to Marigot one evening and ate at le bistro de le mer. The pizza was fantastic, and the ribeye was perfect. Had a great room at Divi and also stayed at a friend's home on Oyster Pond for a few days. Went to Orient, Cupecoy, Long Bay, and Prune Bay for snorkeling and sunning. Had a great burger at Waikiki while at Orient. Can't wait to come back!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Back home, miss SXM already
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 15, 2008 08:29PM

Thanks for the mini trip report! So glad you had a wonderful time and you avoided Ike. And you know what...it just keeps getting better and better each and every year.

What room did you have at Divi? I've never stayed there but some people were asking about the conditions of the rooms and I believe one person said that the ones nearest the beach were refurbished and were great. Just curious.

Again, thanks for checking in and letting us know you had another great time.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: mikentara (---.152.57.193.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: September 16, 2008 10:26AM

I love Waikiki! Great Ambience!
Great music!
Great Sunday afternoon parties!
Great People watching!
And Great Bathrooms!

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 16, 2008 01:43PM

Did you visit the new Sunset Bar?? Wondering if they are serving food, etc.

Posted by: richard (---.area2.spcsdns.net)
Date: September 16, 2008 05:28PM

Didn't make it to Sunset, carolv. Hope to get back soon to check it out. John, we stayed in 614, which is just across from the pool, a one bedroom with the back balcony facing Great Bay, and the front window looking out at Little Bay.The rooms on the beach near the pool are being redone now and the ones west of the lobby were redone last year; didn't see the most recent remodels, but the ones from last year were very nice. We like Divi very much. Overall it is a nice place to stay. Staff is friendly and helpfull, the rooms we have stayed in were better than average, nice beach and pool, and it is close to virtually everything, especially Front Street, Grand Marche super market, Simpson Bay. The only negatives are relatively minor: the Toucan Restaurant is mediocre, but with so many great places near the resort to dine, that is not a problem, and the TV's in the rooms block out CBS and Fox, so no Sunday afternoon football, which again, I'd rather be on ther beach with babes and booze; I can watch the Chiefs lose any Sunday when I'm home. The TV at the poolside bar does have the games, so I guess they want you to come down and buy drinks if you want to watch football.The best food at the resort is at the poolside bar, the burgers and sandwiches are excellent as is the coconut shrimp. Oh man, I was just getting over being home, now I am really missing my island! Since the Mrs. won't let me cash in the 401k and sell the house and cars, I better buy a lottery ticket.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 16, 2008 06:44PM

Thanks Richard for the Divi recap. So glad you had a wonderful time and I know from experience that each year just gets better and better until you can't believe it could get any better....but it does. It hasn't stopped for us and hopefully it never will.

Actually after going for 11 years to the island, we actually decided to invest and so far we haven't regretted it. So give it a few years, ease into it slowly, and maybe you'll be able convince the Mrs...grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |