The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Any suggestions for Dutch side?
Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 05, 2008 07:34AM

Some friends are interested in perhaps returning to SXM but after all the crime reported on the French side they're not returning there. They're used to villas but will try other rentals not in high-rises. Only low-crime areas, please. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

smileys with beer Contessa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any suggestions for Dutch side?
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 05, 2008 08:04AM

If highrises are out of the question, Carol and Eric stayed in a villa type of place just up from Philipsburg that had gorgeous views. Why don't you ask her where it was she stayed. The photos she shared were quite impressive.

I would also suggest one of the front center units of Rainbow Beach Club too but they may not want a lowrise building either. I took a tour of one of the middle units and it was absolutely and undeniably breathtaking! They are quite expensive to rent though.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2008 08:07AM by John.

Posted by: Dane (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2008 12:28PM

Contessa, they may want to consider renting a villa within Oyster Pond Estates. That community is completely gated in with on-site security 24/7. While nothing is completely crime-free, the neighborhood within the gates has experienced a huge reduction in crime incidents since the measures were put in place last year. In addition, it may put their mind a bit at ease that the security company guarantees a response within a couple of minutes after being called.

A few rental houses in there are Grande Vigie, Sunrise, Fiddlers Green, Arches, Selah, and Plateau House.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 06, 2008 02:25PM

when are they coming and how many people?

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: P. Madden (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 06, 2008 03:48PM

I believe the spot Eric and Carol stayed at was our place ie Sunsetbreezes.Look at our website www.sunsetbreezes.com

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 06, 2008 03:52PM

I had seen their photos and this was the first place that came to mind. I think they would like staying there. It was very pretty and they couldn't say enough good things about it.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 06, 2008 05:15PM

Thanks, all! They're coming in Feb. Oyster Pond Estates sounds good. I'll tell them about it. It's only a short drive to O.B. which is their favorite.
Also, I think the place Eric & Carol stayed was in Pointe Blanche which while is beautiful, getting there is half the fun. Plus, a schlep from O.B.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

smileys with beer Contessa

Posted by: snuba (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2008 05:24PM

[www.beachsidevillas.com]

This year will be our 10th time going, very safe, and very nice!

Any questions, feel free to email me at jamesrwolf@gmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2008 05:27PM by snuba.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 11, 2008 06:45PM

Maybe they should check the new Radisson for Feb. Its not a high rise because its on the French side. It should have security and guards at the entrance gates.As you know only minutes from Orient, Pinel and GC.good luck

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: September 12, 2008 10:30AM

Mary's Boon or Beachside Villa's on Simpson Bay. Have stayed at MBs six times and always felt safe. We will be staying at Beachside Villa's this trip as it was more reasonable. They come highly recommended and there is a security guard onsite throughout the evening.

Posted by: rollo (166.44.19.---)
Date: November 17, 2008 11:33AM

www.seaplacevilla.com

www.seabellevilla.com

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |