The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Good News for all animal lovers in St MARTIN hot smiley!!!!
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 30, 2008 06:19PM

I am not sure what are the copy right thing about posting a scanned article but some other website and boards do so, then I didn't thought it would be unappropriate specially when it is about good news !

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2008 06:40PM by Tabba Khady.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good News for all animal lovers in St MARTIN hot smiley!!!!
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 30, 2008 08:28PM

Thank you Philippe for posting such an upbeat article!!! As a serious animal lover I found this decision an absolutely positive step toward helping all animals on the island. By taking the first step toward bringing in, caring for, and sterilizing the homeless animals will promote a healthier enviornment for all. And for those dogs and cats that have never known the love of a caring owner this will help to bring these animals and their human cohabitants closer together.

The only fear I have ever had when going to the island was the fear of hitting a stray dog or cat. We had a close encounter a few years ago where I thought we had hit one of a few dogs that were roaming the street in front of us and it completely ruined my evening. After I got out and was told by a passerby that we hadn't I was so greatly relieved but the nervous pain in the pit of my stomach didn't lessen for hours afterwards.

So thank you again for posting this.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 30, 2008 09:10PM

I saw that in the paper
fantastic! >grinning smiley<

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: .Bruce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 30, 2008 09:37PM

yes i spoke with Ursula today she was so excited .. we are so so happy for all the animals . this is gonna make such a difference .... like you said Philippe great news

Posted by: Curious (---.mclnva23.covad.net)
Date: August 31, 2008 11:44AM

Just curious if there has been any comment on the projected capacity of the shelter and the guidelines for when and if animals will be put down?

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 31, 2008 06:04PM

I may be wrong here, but I beleive that per definition a "sanctuary" is an area where life is preserved, so I assume the animals will not be put down, specially if, as it is stated in the article the sanctuary will be used as a tourism attraction as well...

Here is the link of what is an Animal sanctuary

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2008 08:06PM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: curious (---.mclnva23.covad.net)
Date: September 01, 2008 03:06PM

Glad to hear it!thumbs up

Posted by: TexasTraveler (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 01, 2008 10:38PM

This is great for St. Martin, but what about all the animals on the Dutch side? Will they follow suit and create a sanctuary for the unwanted animals on their side? There are many groups volunterring to help get animals neutered or spayed to help control the population there, but to date, I have yet to here anything from Exco to create something similiar. They can barely keep the zoo maintained.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |