The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Philippe's blog makes me so hungry
Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 17, 2008 01:10PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philippe's blog makes me so hungry
Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 01:26PM

I think it's time for Philippe to publish a cookbook that includes how he managed to change the staff's direction. Probably would be a great inspiration and a basic guide for up and coming chefs. If they taste half as good as they look, all I can say is bravo!

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2008 01:43PM

he finally did it.. he got rid of the old menu.
Yay! >grinning smiley<

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 02:03PM

Wow! Fantastic, Phillipe. And I, agree, you should publish a cookbook!

Annie

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 04:33PM

Philippe,Excellent work & dishes. That restaurant has been open for many yrs and was popular in the DAYS.I'm glad to see it will continue with you in charge.Will the new buffet still be available and which nights.good luck, Bob

Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 17, 2008 05:27PM

BobP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Philippe,Excellent work & dishes. That restaurant
> has been open for many yrs and was popular in the
> DAYS.I'm glad to see it will continue with you in
> charge.Will the new buffet still be available and
> which nights.good luck, Bob

Bob~ I also use the word dishes. I think it is actually not used often to describe an entree. LOL Correct me if I am wrong~

Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 05:45PM

Philippe, did you post those pictures to make my mouth water? I'll take one lamb with goat cheese, a mixed seafood plate,a crab meat rillete and the turnover looks AMAZING but I cant get myself to put a snail in my mouth. Can you fill mine with something else?winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2008 06:29PM by cuznvin.

Posted by: richard (---.area2.spcsdns.net)
Date: August 18, 2008 03:12PM

Wow, can't wait to stop by on our next visit. Everything looks fantastic. I'm with you cuznvin, can't handle snails or for that matter sushi. No offense to sushi lovers, but where I'm from we have another name for sushi- fishing bait.

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: August 18, 2008 03:37PM

New menu looks great, have made plans with friends to dine one evening there. Is the seafood buffet offered in late October? I recall at one time it was only offered during high season so we missed it each year by a week or two.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.53.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: August 18, 2008 07:18PM

Thank you all for your kind comments here and on my blog... The matter of fact is that most of you are my source of inspiration ! You supported us so much at Tabba Khady that when we decided to close it, and when I took over Captain Oliver's, there were no way I would let you down ! It was challenge as I wrote, but so far so good and I expect it will last.
Ummm for the one who do not like snails.. here is "your" challenge ! Come to Capt. O. and try mine! You may be very surprised...close the eyes, don't think it is a snail, imagine something else and try...they are so soft and so fine that they melt in the mouth. Plus the fresh garlic creamy sauce dominate a little bit the escargot taste...smiling bouncing smileysmoking smileyI have a very unique recipe who make it easy for "first timers"grinning smiley...
This year I decided to maintain the buffet all year round and so far we are doing great ( so great that we require reservation because every saturday we are fully booked with more than 150ish guest).. so except while we are close for vacation in september, the buffet is every saturday night, even on October, but like I said...: please reserve your table!

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 18, 2008 07:20PM

Ill think about it! The soft and melt in your mouth is what is getting me...LOL

Date: August 18, 2008 09:40PM

Philippe, We'll have to try your buffet on Sat and do HER'S on a Wed.Is your buffet only a seafood type or is it similiar to HERS.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.63-42.caribserve.net)
Date: August 19, 2008 08:15AM

I didn't went to HERS since a while, but I beleive that ours is a bit different, not much, even though it is not a seafood only buffet. Ours have also meat and poultry, all type of hors d'oeuvres, etc... along with all kind of seafood. I should take time on wednesday to visit HER.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 19, 2008 06:11PM

Hi Philippe! Your photos look mouthwatering! Although we don't eat any seafood, the presentations that you have taught your staff are admirable. They learned well so I give them much credit and you are a good teacher, patient and forgiving! Your non-seafood dishes look delish but unfortunately it will be a long time before we get over there on a nighttime basis (you know the story). But I wish you a full house every night. You deserve it.

Vicki

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: August 21, 2008 05:49PM

Philippe, Is the buffet an All U Can Eat type with unlimited wine, lobster, Prime Rib, & desert .Thanks, Bob

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |