The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Order of Comments
Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 03:30PM

I am totally confused about how the responses to each thread are organized. The new responses aren't at the end of the thread any more, and I recently responded to a particular post, but my response isn't underneath the post to which I responded. What am I missing? I'm having a really hard time following the discussions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Order of Comments
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 08, 2008 03:44PM

I am going to ask gert about this. I think John said something similar in another thread.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.55-176.caribserve.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 03:56PM

Actually if you reply to a particular post (by clicking the "reply" option at the bottom line of it), normally your reply will be placed just below that particular post, except if someone already replied to it, then you come second or third...
If you use the message box which is down the page, then your reply will be placed at the bottom of the list of messages...
I don't think it is different than when I started to post here, it is surely different that the "other board" and that's where someone can be confused.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 08, 2008 04:01PM

that makes sense P. so what people are doing then is using the message box all the way at the bottom.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Date: August 08, 2008 04:13PM

That's what I thought too, Philippe, but on another thread I don't think it worked that way. I'm going to try again, to be sure.

Posted by: gert (Moderator)
Date: August 08, 2008 05:03PM

Yes, Philippe explained it well.

If click on 'Switch View' and then you will see how a thread is organized. There are actually 3 different views. Pick the one you like most.

Date: August 08, 2008 06:19PM

I guess I didn't reply to the post I thought I had on that other thread. Thanks!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 07:41PM

There have been times when I have not "replied" to anyone but my thread lands up 5 threads back. This is where I am getting very confused. I would assume that using the bottom box meant that it will come out at the bottom.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: August 09, 2008 11:54AM

I am normally confused so it's pretty clear to me.drinking smiley

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Date: August 11, 2008 11:09AM

I'm just testing this theory, because I responded to another post on another thread, and my post did not end up below the post to which I responded.

Date: August 11, 2008 11:10AM

OK, so this time it did work that way, so I guess I'm just losing it! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 11, 2008 11:14AM

I have made the mistake over and over to chose the "reply" button above the post rather than under it. Maybe others are naturally doing the same. Baut at the same time, when I don't reply to a post but just fill in the white box, occasionally mt comments land up above others. Some day we'll figure it out..eye rolling smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: August 11, 2008 11:37AM

I fixed mine by playing with the switch view, it eventually came back to normal!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |