The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Things will get worse before they get better........sad smiley
Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 12, 2008 09:11PM

Kim & Barbara were exactly where they should have been.........and the perps found them!!thumbs down These are brazen idiots !!! ( I was going to say a$$holes but didn't know if it would pass.....) There's really nothing we can do.....it's up to the judicial system!! If they're fried for what they're doing, then they'll stop. However, with the slap on the wrist......well, you know the end result!thumbs down

smileys with beer Contessa

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SXMWendell (---.dsl.covlil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 13, 2008 05:56AM

Sorry Contessa I disagree. These violent crimes are comitted from persons who have no reguard for life ( yours or theirs). The only way to stop this type of crime is to cleanse SXM from the drugs. A monumental task in itself. Then the users will go somewhere else to find them ( the likelyhood of them stopping them from using is about nil). Then the petty crimes can addressed by deterents ie jail.

SXM??? Wendell

Posted by: pasnyder (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 13, 2008 07:32AM

You're never in a million years gonna cleanse SXM, or any country of drugs. That's an impossible dream. As soon as you get rid of one dealer, another takes their place. I agree with Contessa. Crimes are treated too lightly. Barbara can attest to that, right Barb?

Pauline

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 13, 2008 07:44AM

Most of these druggies are so far gone that they have lost family, true friends, have no conscience and so will do anything to get their next fix. I know that there was a famous musician who opened up a drug rehab facility on another island and I am not sure if it helped or not but it is sad to say that because these people are so far gone, death is their only salvation. And the only people to reap the rewards are the dealers who bring the drugs in. A sad state of affairs for everyone.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 13, 2008 08:48AM

Many rob & steal because they feel its easier than getting a real job.Robbing & stealing money & property started way before drugs became a problem.IMO, if more CRUISE SHIP PASSANGERS were robbed or attacked in town or on the beaches. The GOV. offices would take more action to stop crime.The criminals have no fear of punishment or of going to jail.No wonder there's an increase in crime and the crimewave will get a lot worse. Everyone knows if they commit crimes very little happens to them. They don't care if tourism is ruined and the island suffers the end result.

Posted by: tonydead (63.77.244.---)
Date: August 13, 2008 02:51PM

We do not have time shares and WILL be returning for our yearly visit to our island.

Every year we visit these sites to brush up on the issues and every year we hear about crime that is scaring people away. We keep going and so far have never had an issue. Sorry to those that have, but, there are issues in every town here in the good old US too. We have lived in 8 different cities in the US, and work requires me to travel to countless others. Compared to all the places I've been in the US, I can honestly say SXM is in the middle of the pack for overall crime and better than most for violent crimes. And certainly not bad enough to keep us from traveling there for vacation to enjoy all the other things we love about the place.

We decided and like the idea mentioned to stay in Maho for the night life and visit the French side during the day. There are plenty of villas in gated communities around Maho and Pt. Pirouette.

Posted by: .Bruce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 15, 2008 09:58PM

this a start ... [www.thedailyherald.com]

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 16, 2008 07:21AM

Good news and I'm glad they setup the check points again around Orient.Next they need to wipe out the robbers on Pic Paradise (sp)which is only a short distance from their police station.I'm guessing no 3 hr lunch at LePub on that day.

Date: August 16, 2008 06:15PM

Thought i would post a Email i got today:

Bruce, my wife and I believe we met you on the plane in Philly where we were delayed in first class before your last visit to St Martin in July. So sorry to hear about what happen to your wife. Hope she is doing well. We also had someone try to break into our villa while we were there. This was the first time in six years that somrthing like this has happened to us. Your's was much more serious and i'm glad that Kim had the power to fight the asshole( Sorry ) off. Our maid who lives in the guest house saw the guy at 5:30 in the morning and scared him off. He had a crowbar and almost had the dead bolt broken away to get in. Another 30 seconds and he was probably in. We stayed on Dawn Beach on the hill overlooking Oyster Pond. Just wanted you to know that my wife and I have been thinking about both of you.
Hope things are getting better for Kim.

Date: August 16, 2008 06:43PM

On top of feeling sorry for those like you who had to experience a robbery, I also feel sorry for those people that own these villas and now have to contend with the safety of their guests in a more vigilant way. And I would think most of the owners are absentee's with agencies handling the paperwork and such.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 16, 2008 07:09PM

Vicki/ Sca2la Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I also feel sorry for those people that own villas...

Please Don't worry about me and my villa smoking smiley

[hurricanepagesxm.blogspot.com]

Date: August 16, 2008 07:20PM

Don't worry Wendy..I'm sure you've got those bases covered.

BTW, You're not the owner of house that has all that broken glass at the top of the walls surrounding their house?

Only kiddddddding...grinning smiley

Did you know that 12 years ago when we first stayed on the island, I was told that the owner of that house put the broken glass there to keep out the robbers.... Now that was 12 years ago that I was told this so I'm not even sure how long before that the owner did this. Wonder if it actually helped? But if the glass didn't keep the robbers out, I would think just the thought of how crazy this person must be to have done this, that would keep them away! grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Date: August 16, 2008 07:30PM

I have used the broken glass on a long 10 ft high stone wall in Center City Phila ... never had anyone climb over it after we glued it up there

Date: August 16, 2008 07:36PM

OMG! I thought that house was the only one of it's kind!

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: SXMWendell (76.206.16.---)
Date: August 16, 2008 07:49PM

Iron bar clears all the glass off and a blanket to covers what is left for an easy entry.
Sorry guys, if someone really wants in it ain't that hard.

SXM??? Wendell

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |