The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Going to St. Martin in November
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: September 10, 2008 03:52PM

I buy one bottle of water for the plane ride. Then refill it every day from the tap. The tap water is just fine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 10, 2008 07:52PM

I'll second that, Elaine. We've been drinking the desalinated water and using it to make tea and coffee since our first trip in '73 and we've yet to have any problems. And we, too, buy a couple of bottles of bottled water when we first arrive on the island to freeze and put in our coolers and then drink on the beach only to take them home and start all over again. Works like a charm!!

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: hornytoad (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 10, 2008 10:57PM

wow had did you get such a great deal on your villa?? $399/7 days!! please let us know, i want that deal!!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 11, 2008 07:17AM

Do you think maybe they meant $399 per night? I can't see how it could be a flat rate.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2008 07:39AM

Yeah it must be the rate by night... But I find it interesting that now, the new thing is to call a condo a "villa" ...?confused smiley :
[www.pelicanmarinaresidences.com]
Does people really fall into that and feel better because then they can say "we own a condo..oups... a Villa in the Caribbean"eye rolling smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 07:40AM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: September 11, 2008 08:03AM

Tabba Khady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah it must be the rate by night... But I find it
> interesting that now, the new thing is to call a
> condo a "villa" ...?confused smiley :
> [www.pelicanmarinaresidences.com]
>
> Does people really fall into that and feel better
> because then they can say "we own a condo..oups...
> a Villa in the Caribbean"eye rolling smiley

pHILLIPE, I am not so sure this is a new thing. My friend bought a unit at the original mullet bay resort befor the big storm and he always to this day called it a villa and that would be in 1985 that I remem ber. Far as I was concerned it was an apartment but he always called it a villa and if it was still around today you would probly call it a condo but he still refers to it as his villa at Mullet. $399 could maybe be a good deal for Cheap Carribbean or maybe an RCI bonus extra week?

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2008 08:08AM

I still find it strange....but at least Mullet Bay was closer to be "villas" than the new Pelican Residence which is a massive multi-stories building. It always phases me when people deforme appellations or names... I prefer to call a "cat" a "cat". BUt that's OK, no big deal...smoking smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 11, 2008 08:33AM

I would never call my condo anything but a condo. It's in a building and not free-standing. To me, a villa is a "stand-alone" home overlooking beautiful landscaping (country as well). At least that's what my definition is. grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: lamon (---.cahill.com)
Date: September 11, 2008 10:49AM

In November, we're staying at Coral Breeze villa, a 5 bedroom villa on the beach, in Beacon Hill. Does anyone have any information on that villa and what beach it's on? Also, any information on the surroundind area? Last September we stayed at La Perla villa on Dawn Beach and we only ventured to Marigot and Philipsburg so we're excitedsmiling bouncing smiley about staying on another part of the island.

Posted by: monkeymann (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 11, 2008 03:31PM

now, are these really VILLAS or condos??!!! i think people are just trying to glamorize their condos/apts by calling them "vills", sound more exotic too!! to me, a condo is just like an apt too.
anyway, still wondering how they got the great deal.

Posted by: andrea (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 11, 2008 09:40PM

Tabba Khady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But I find it interesting that now, the new thing is to call a
condo a "villa" ...?confused smiley : [www.pelicanmarinaresidences.com]

Does people really fall into that and feel better because then they can say "we own a condo..oups... a Villa in the Caribbean"eye rolling smiley

Bravo, Philippe! This is one of my biggest pet peeves! Um, if you advertise yourself as a "villa" you better be a VILLA. IMO a condo is NOT a villa. I think it's deceptive and you put yourself at great risk for renting to someone who will be greaty dissapointed.

My other peeve is when something is advertised as a beach villa when it's located up on the hill somewhere. Uh, um.....unless you have a sandbox in the backyard?!?!?

Huh, I think I'll start advertising us as a "castle" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out LMAO!!!!

peace smiling smiley

Posted by: andrea (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 11, 2008 10:04PM

In November, we're staying at Coral Breeze villa, a 5 bedroom villa on the beach, in Beacon Hill. Does anyone have any information on that villa and what beach it's on? Also, any information on the surroundind area? Last September we stayed at La Perla villa on Dawn Beach and we only ventured to Marigot and Philipsburg so we're excited about staying on another part of the island.

First of all, Coral Breeze IS a villa. grinning smiley It is located on Burgeaux Bay Beach. The area is quiet, residential w/ other homes surrounding you. (except that castle a few doors down - LOL) There is some construction at the nearby Caravanserai Hotel about 3 properties away, but not sure if it's anything bothersome at this time.

The beach area is quiet, you will rarely see anybody on the beach other than another neighbor or dog.

You are conveniently located w/i walking distance to the new Sunset Bar and Grill at Maho.

IMO it's a great location. Nice and quiet, but you are close to the fun areas of Maho and Simpson Bay.

Here's a video view from just down the beach:

Have a great trip!!!

peace smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 10:05PM by andrea.

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 12, 2008 12:00PM

It could be the rate for a week since they are brand new and not all are sold-could also be the rate for the "lock-off" second bedroom which does not have a full kitchen - just a small refrigerator and microwave. However if anyone is interested I have a sleep 4 studio at the Pelican from November 2-9 that I have to get rid of due to illness-anyone know where I can list this?? Would want $600 for the week

Posted by: jmasons (---.ambtel.net)
Date: September 13, 2008 10:25AM

I have had some luck listing and finding renters on red week.com It is pretty cheap to advertise on it.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |