The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Today paper retracks story
Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 30, 2008 10:10AM

The today paper retracked a story because possible defamation of character...

Original article with comments below

[sxmprivateeye.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today paper retracks story
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 30, 2008 10:16AM

I saw that wendy
so there are 2 men by the same name..one is mob affiliated, one is not?
very strange story

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 30, 2008 12:20PM

I actually googled Claudio (wife is Barbara) and found a letter from him to yet ANOTHER facility (the zoning board of Hen Island) here in the States, complaining about things being unjust and need to be straightened out. And this was letter #2....Hmmm.... is this normal for him?

My own personal opinion about this case? It is absolutely ridiculous, and if the people that sign up to this cause are using a lawyer called Jelmer Snow, they will be in for a shock when they find out how much Mr. Snow will be charging for his services. He wanted me to send him a $1500 retainer to represent him at our closing which took no more than 45 minutes to complete with no contest. He knew that we were not contesting the contract and actually quoted me no more than $700-$800 one month prior but 2 weeks before the closing insisted I send him double the amount. Needless to say, I sent him a polite no thank you and his response to me was:
quote:
Typical reaction. Legal service is not for free you know.
unquote

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.48.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: July 30, 2008 12:37PM

WHAT ?????..... He dared to respond that way to you refusal of using his services?...Kinda "classless IMO! Ummmm he may be a good lawyer but he has not clue how to treat potential customers.... Or maybe he has a bad secretary, who's impulsive LOL...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 30, 2008 01:00PM

Yes, I actually thought it maybe was his child responding to me eye popping smiley but my blood did boil upon reading the curt message. And that was word for word the response I received (I cut and pasted it here) ...nothing more...nothing less.

And this was my response back to him:

Dear Mr. Snow,

I was not intending to make this an argument. I just did not want to keep you under the impression that you would be representing us. I could have just ignored your response and left you not knowing. Mr. Snow, we spoke verbally on the phone about 1 month ago and at the time that we briefly discussed our closing, you specifically stated that it would not take much time at all and so the fee would not run us more than $750 for your time that day. This is the same fee my lawyer at home would charge for 2 – 3 hours of his time.

I am not sure in the text of my last e-mail where you would assume that I was expecting free service… but I was expecting that our prior conversation actually held some validity, being that I was speaking to a respected and highly recommended lawyer.

Based on your rude answer to a polite decline of your services, I am left speechless.

But I still wish you a good day because I was brought up to turn the other cheek.

Best regards,

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2008 01:04PM by John.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |