The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Happy Birthday Canada
Posted by: jimandi (---.d01.scpeli.pbtcomm.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 09:57PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA. You have always been a wonderful neighbor.
Sylvia

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BigMacIain (---.cpe.mountaincable.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 10:50PM

jimandi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA. You have always been a
> wonderful neighbor.
> Sylvia

Thank you, USA. So have you (most of the time).

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2008 11:13PM

I think that if you notify them that you will need international calling, then it should not be a problem. Whenever I have brought my Verizon phone to sxm (for emergencies) once I get on the island, the service changes over to international but you would need to contact them before traveling and tell them this. Maybe if you call them about this, that person will be more familiar with coverage areas.

But in the meantime, I couldn't imagine your daughter's phone not picking up any service there, but then again, stranger things have happened.

Good luck!

PS... the rates from Verizon for International calling tend to be very high in general and so since you are familiar with Skype, having her use Skype for normal calls and leaving her Verizon plan for emergencies would be a good backup plan. I would set her phone up with Verizon anyway and have her take it for those "just in case" moments.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2008 11:19PM by John.

Posted by: CarolynandWalt (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 02, 2008 10:49PM

Walt travels to Toronto frequently and uses his US Verizon phone there with no problem. It costs 69 cents per minute. We have international dialing, but I don't think you need it for Toronto because it is close to the border. The cost per minute to SXM just went up in price the other day, but I haven't seen Canada listed as increasing. Verizon gave me the same answer you got when I called to inquire. You probably should update your roaming before leaving. I think it is *228 send, then option 2. Good luck.

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: July 03, 2008 08:25AM

I called Verizon again, wish they would train their front line people!!! Anyway, the day she leaves, they said to call back and switch her to add Canada. that seems to be the best way to handle this. Though she won't have texting (oh my!!) but she knows in advance, so there SHOULDN"T be any surprises! If there are, they will come from her piggy!!! Thanks again everyone for your help!

Posted by: CarolynandWalt (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 03, 2008 10:30AM

Kim, I have found the Verizon people absolutely clueless about anything international! When you want an answer they give you "I think..." or "probably". Not the kind of answer I want!!

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.53.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 03, 2008 11:49AM

Hey!

Clueless until you get the bill, then it's carved in stone!

Denis

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 03, 2008 02:27PM

Ain't that the truth!!!! grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: jimandi (---.d01.scpeli.pbtcomm.net)
Date: July 03, 2008 09:26PM

Tomorrow is the Birthday of the USA. Spent the entire day decorating a golf cart for the Golf Cart Parade tomorrow with a three, five and nine year old. Boy is it tacky, but boy it is beautiful!

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 05, 2008 10:01AM

Hope you had a grand time riding your golf cart! That must have been fun. I love riding in the carts where I work. I wish we could ride things like that around town! I rode in ours as well and loved seeing all the adults and children come out to support our country's Independence Birthday.

[www.vrbo.com]

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 06, 2008 08:54AM

double-D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happy 141st Birthday to Canada.......
>
> Oh and by the by....JD from the other place...is
> now promoting this site....he told me to go
> here!!!!

Why would someone from another board tell you to "go here?"

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: July 07, 2008 07:49AM

He said people did not like the way I answered questions....and thought it would be better for me to go here....they keep getting mad at me when I get mad at an offending avatar....they do not find it offensive...but the find me offensive!!

Go figure!!

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 07, 2008 08:04AM

I guees I'm confused. You got kicked off a travel blog because you disliked an avatar? Hopefully, more restraint is practiced on this board by all parties. Sounds like a vacation to SXM should definately be in your immediate future.eye popping smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |