The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Needs of the SXM tourists...
Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 16, 2008 06:44PM

From your own experience what do you think the spending patterns, interests, traveling patterns, and specific wants and needs of the SXM tourists are...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Needs of the SXM tourists...
Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 16, 2008 08:48PM

My needs are good travel times between the Midwest and St Maarten. Spending 14 or 16 hours flying there or having to spend an extra night in Miami or Washington, or NYC or Chicago is not what I go to SXM for. I expect one stop and with that stop the trip should be 6-7hours going down and 7-8 hours coming back.
A better public transport system to get rid of more cars. Many of the cars are resident cars. I'm glad they can afford a car. It's just that many could and probably would as well as tourist take buses or tolleys or trams if it was reliable and on some kind of schedule.
I'd also like to see less trash and less trash burning on the dump. A trash to energy system with better pickup service for the residents is vitally important to an island with ever increasing resort generated rubbish.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |