The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Newly Found Restaurant
Posted by: KealaSxm (---.63-215.caribserve.net)
Date: June 12, 2008 07:58PM

Everyone's comments just illustrate why every restaurant review should be dated. Many sites don't provide a date.

Keala

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 12, 2008 10:39PM

Hi Keala...I agree that when a person posts a critique, they should at least mention whether it was within the last 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or 1 year. Anything older than 1 year should generally be dismissed because as I mentioned above, the Chef's (or cooks) can change and that almost always makes a difference in either direction. The newer critiques are usually the most accurate. This may not apply to the older, more established restaurants (like La Vie En Rose) that demand that their cooks be consistent with their menus but those restaurants are far and few between.

But what also must be kept in mind as well is that everyone's palates are different and where one person can love a specific dish, another person could hate it. This is where, as sxmartini had mentioned in another thread, you should take a critique with a grain of salt and maybe judge for yourself.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.54-82.caribserve.net)
Date: June 13, 2008 07:37AM

And to just to add my thought,regarding "service's critics", you have some positive people who will be just happy to be in vaccation and relax, and others that you cannot please no matter what, and carry an "attitude" with them.
I sometime witness how some guests address to the waiter, it is scary and in my mind unacceptable!... I don't know how they expect respect and good service after that.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 13, 2008 09:36AM

I agree 100% to your statement Philippe that some people just don't know how to respect anyone they believe is beneath them yet expect constant respect in return. Sometimes when I'm sitting in a restaurant and I see people and the way they act, my blood boils. I feel like apologizing to the waitstaff on their behalf (and sometimes I actually do).

And based on my beliefs, negative energy has the ability to be passed from one person to the next. Just try standing next to a negative person for 5 minutes and then walk away and feel the negativity within. This happens to the waitstaff without them even knowing what hit them. I see it in our restaurant every day. I watch how they transform from smiling happy faces to frowns and frustration.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: ter (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 13, 2008 10:49AM

Kennys Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have been going to that Restaurant since in the
> days when it was Dario's and then Tiramisue and
> now Romantica ! Always good except for one time .
> They have a great Duck !

We liked it most when it was Sandro's--it was great!
We didn't have a good experience when it was Tiramisue. Is Romantica all new owners and staff? I know it is a bit pricey, so want to make sure it is worth trying.

Posted by: Kennys (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: June 13, 2008 03:13PM

Yes I forgot about Sandro's !
Romantica is under new ownership and most of the staff are also new.
I don't find it more expensive than Temptations. Their wines are cheaper too !

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 15, 2008 09:17AM

John Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> And based on my beliefs, negative energy has the
> ability to be passed from one person to the next.
> Just try standing next to a negative person for 5
> minutes and then walk away and feel the negativity
> within. This happens to the waitstaff without
> them even knowing what hit them. I see it in our
> restaurant every day. I watch how they transform
> from smiling happy faces to frowns and
> frustration.

Hey "John"..that energy transfer theory can work both ways! When I encounter a surly person, I just kill them with kindness, and generally they end up smiling in spite of themselves! If they don't, then I just give them a cheery "have a nice day" when I leave, and my mood hasn't been ruined by theirs!

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 15, 2008 10:36AM

Then you have the smarts to not allow this energy to be transfered which is a wonderful gift! Yes, I certainly agree that good energy can pass between people as well (since I am a Reiki practitioner) but unfortunately the majority of people don't realize that this passing of negative energy is a natural occurence and without realization, can affect the mood immediately and unknowingly.

I, as well, do the same thing as you but there is a woman whom I work for that is so filled with negative energy that it actually drains me. Before reading about energy a few years ago and how it can affect the individual, I used to enter her office happy and walk out fuming and in a bad mood the rest of the day. That's why I don't approach her closely anymore. She is a wall of negativity. I can't imagine her in a restaurant...she must be a terror.

[www.vrbo.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |