- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Newly Found Restaurant
Posted by: Doowop47 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 11, 2008 07:05PM

Just returned from our trip and was pleasantly surprised by RomAntica in Maho. We love the Italian food on SXM and thought this was very good. Nice decor, excellent service and wonderful desserts! Any others agree? We missed La Gondola by a day as they closed for vacation. Cannot wait for our next back to paradise.

In Harmony .... Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2008 07:41PM by Doowop47.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newly Found Restaraunt
Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.50.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: June 11, 2008 07:24PM

Wow.. La Gondola is already closed for vacation?... well David certainly made the good choice since this month of June is very slow anyway.
I don't know Romantica... I know the name and where it is located...but never been.. You wonder why with my hours!confused smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2008 07:25PM

We haven't had the chance to visit there but I did see it and heard nice things about the place. Maybe this next trip we'll try it out. How would you rate their pricing...low, medium, high, or bring your first born as a down payment....

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.50.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: June 11, 2008 07:28PM

"bring your first born as a down payment"... LOL >grinning smiley< Never herad that one! I love it hot smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Newly Found Restaurant
Date: June 11, 2008 07:38PM

I didn't think it was over priced .. comparable to any good restaurant. We found out about it when we stopped at Valentinos on our first night and asked the young waiter there if he could recommend any places. He said RomAntica and La Gondola to which we have been many times. So we just took his suggestion and were very pleased. It is a definite stop on the next trip.

In Harmony .... Paul

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.53.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 11, 2008 07:42PM

Hey John!

That infamous couple, Beau and Crystal sure do get around!

Denis

Posted by: dcarol (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 11, 2008 08:21PM

Where exactly in Maho is Romantico?

Date: June 11, 2008 08:39PM

Hey Bigdenx...you noticed...grinning smiley

And Philippe...that's why we can't go to really expensive restaurants...no kids!

But seriously, I have heard nice things about the place but didn't hear about them until after we had left the island. I believe that they are located upstairs on the side of the Sopranos restaurant? Is that correct?

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Liz (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: June 12, 2008 02:46AM

I have been to RonAntica before, HORRIBLE food and service. I ordered fish, it was rotten, hard to think that the smell did not alert the Chef or wait staff, it was horrible. They replaced my meal with something that the Chef advised would be amazing, it was not, bland and crappy and they still charged me. My boyfriend felt the same.

Perhaps I just had a bad experience, you be the judge if you dare, but don't say you were not warned. To be honest, I would go to Moulin Fouis (just behind Cherri's Cafe in Maho). Unbeatable food. Start with the snails, wow! Main dishes Filet Migion with peppercorn sauce is to die for, the duck is out of this world too,you will not be disappointed. Finish off with the molten choc. cake, a piece of heaven.

Service is Amazing too.

Posted by: dcarol (63.127.79.---)
Date: June 12, 2008 06:34AM

WE loved Moulin Fou, Lovely service, and great food. We go every year while we are down there.

Date: June 12, 2008 07:31AM

Yes Moulin Fou is a very good restaurant. I can say that we've been there a few times as well and enjoyed all our meals. I would put this in the high end classification though for anyone interested in the cost. In my opinion Moulin Fou is worth the visit as opposed to the other high-end restaurants in Maho (except maybe Bajatzu).

Sorry to hear about your visit to the other restaurant. Being that I work in the restaurant industry in the States, it can really depend on the Chef that was working there at the time. It is very, very easy for a Chef to destroy a restaurants reputation all in one week...then be replaced by another that has to pick of the pieces of bad reviews. It's a very tough business and one many don't understand as all they see is the food coming out.

Philippe...I know you understand this. It doesn't matter what is on the menu...one bad Chef and his co-workers can make or break a restaurant.

If I were a newly established restaurant and had received good reviews by my critics, I would advertise my Head Chef on the outside of my place so that people would know that the food would remain consistently good. The Chef at our place is known by all it's Members. He is not hidden behind a door and makes appearances so that people can give their opinions directly to him, whether it be good or bad. Of course there are some days that he wishes he could stay behind the door but this is a good lesson for him and keeps him humble and also knows what's happening on the floor. He then knows he is the "make or break" part of the equation, that he is actually part of the restaurant and not just a paycheck, and so he knows his importance in the scheme of things which improves his self esteem as well. This makes for a better Chef.

[www.vrbo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2008 08:05AM by John.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.54-82.caribserve.net)
Date: June 12, 2008 08:22AM

I totally agree 100% with you... and in sxm "chef" (I should say "cook") come and go! The restaurant and its owner stay.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 12, 2008 11:11AM

Have eaten at Moulin Fou the last couple of years-love the good but found it pricey-$150 for 2 scallop apps a Filet, Duck,1 caesar salad, 2 cokes, 2 rum punches and 1 coffee

Posted by: Kennys (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: June 12, 2008 05:34PM

We have been going to that Restaurant since in the days when it was Dario's and then Tiramisue and now Romantica ! Always good except for one time . They have a great Duck !

Date: June 12, 2008 07:06PM

Sorry that your experience was bad. Like I had said, the four of us all had excellent meals. The servers could not have been more attentive. Maybe it was the luck of the draw being our first time but for what it's worth it was recommended by a waiter in another Italian restaurant. If we had found it sooner in our vacation we would have definitely gone back. Now I guess we'll have to wait till our next trip!

In Harmony .... Paul

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |