The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

The expert's touch!
Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: June 10, 2008 04:18PM

Just logged onto Phillipe's (Tabba Khady)blog [sxmcoconut-retriever.blogspot.com] where he shows pictures of to Captain Olivers and what he has accomplished in just six months. He also posts the new menu.

Phillipe is much to modest to mention this, but this is good news and I am sure we are all thrilled for him.

The menu looks fantastic.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The expert's touch!
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 10, 2008 04:34PM

I agree and I am so happy for him! He always puts his whole heart into whatever he does and follows through so I truly hope that the owners see his accomplishments and gives him the credit he is due. It is a risk changing anything but from what I see, as long as his chefs follow through to his command, the place should do a brisk business with the wide variety of foods from light to extraordinaire to please anyone's palate.

Posted by: dcarol (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 10, 2008 06:31PM

Phillipe, it looks so wonderful. I love the tablecloths. The buffet looks enticing from the pics. It certainly makes for a lovely dining experience. Glad to know you are open for lunch..That is doable from Maho rather than at nite. Good luck with this new endeavor, I am sure whatever you touch becomes golden

Posted by: KealaSxm (---.63-215.caribserve.net)
Date: June 10, 2008 07:13PM

What an amazing improvement! And the menu looks excellent. I'm looking forward to trying the chicken mafe - I haven't had that for years!!

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.54-82.caribserve.net)
Date: June 11, 2008 07:24AM

Wow.. Thank you! When I opened this thread, according to its tittle I thought I was going to find a piece of your beautiful Photo Artwork, didn't expected this one...
Well, that's not easy but little by little I am trying to impose the changes I beleive are necessary. It's not my own business, that's the first time in my life that I am working for a company I do not own, so it's a bit more difficult because the majority of the changes have to be submitted and "approved" so I have to use the full force of my "convicting" talent grinning smiley And this not only with my superior, the owner of the place, but also and mostly with the employees who do not like changes because it breaks their 18 years old routine... I just hope that, like John said, the cook will follows my command even when I am not behind her back breathing over her shoulder to make sure everything in my recipe is respected.
That's one thing I am not able and will never be able to change : the staff... So I have to do with what I have.
Thanks again to all of you for your kind words and support.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: contessa (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2008 08:12AM

And having had the good fortune to have sampled the gorgeous looking food, I can tell you that they taste as great as they look!! And of course, having Phillipe as a host is the best reward!!>grinning smiley<

smileys with beer Contessa

Date: June 11, 2008 08:43AM

As long as "Tsunami" is not the conversation's topic of the table behind you!...confused smiley hot smiley grinning smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: BigMacIain (---.cpe.mountaincable.net)
Date: June 11, 2008 09:42AM

It looks fabulous, Philippe! Look forward to sampling some of your creations.

Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: June 12, 2008 03:00PM

Philippe, I don't have a google account -- how can I see the new menu and photos of Captain Oliver's. We arrive on 10/25 and would like to have dinner there the following even with another couple so I'm interested in seeing what it being offered.

Is the goat cheese with honey still on the menu? It was the best goat cheese salad I've ever eaten. It was only available on the dinner menu but the bartender was able to persuade the chef to make it for lunch once for me.

Thanks.

Louise

Date: June 12, 2008 04:04PM

Louise,
my blog is back on "air" with open access to anyone and you don't need a google account to read it. It was off air for 24 hours because of a problem of broken link that I had to fix, which is done now... sorry for the inconvenience.
The goatcheese salad you are talking about is off the new menu but replace by something which preety good too... I hope you will try it on your next visit.winking smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 07:53PM

As you always said Philippe, Tabba Khady was not disappearing, it was just going to sleep. I got out my menu from TK and there are some very familiar dishes on your new CO menu, including my favorite appetiser "Sauteed chicken.....flambe w/old dark rum and cajun honey...." Looks like TK is starting to awake. YEA!!!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |