- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: monthly cost of living on St. Martin
Posted by: Ian (---.tb.shawcable.net)
Date: March 31, 2011 12:10PM

so what you are saying, that it is legal for me to move to St Martin on the french side.
As a European Citizen I do not need a visa to live or work there......

Ian

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Armand (---.94-160-184.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 12, 2011 11:05PM

We are considering moving to the Dutch side and have 2 little girls. I have read a lot about high crime rate. How true is this?
TX

Posted by: andre (---.94-160-184.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 12, 2011 11:18PM

We are a gay couple with small children thinking of moving to St. Marteen. Anyone has any advice/thoughts for us?

Posted by: cunyprof (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 13, 2011 08:47AM

Monika, as a fellow book lover (I'm a college professor) perhaps you shd also keep in mind that book selection (as is the case for many other "cultural" products) is extremely limited on St. Marten. Cost is really not the issue, availability is. If you're looking for French classics, fine, but other than that and "airport novels", forget it. If you're trying to decide whether to move to this island, perhaps you shd take this as a general indication of whether the lifestyle wd suit you.

Helpful advice.

Posted by: Charles (72.252.9.---)
Date: May 13, 2011 10:30PM

You are a college professor and you spell should as shd and would as wd? What kind of college would hire you?

Posted by: TeddyK (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: June 29, 2011 11:39AM

Hello everyone! I have been to this amazing island a couple of times and have met the most incredible people ever! I am at a point in my life where I am finally ready to follow my dream. I'm from California and have been living in Miami for a few years and am ready for a change. I'm 26 and recently single. I'm coming early August with a job waiting for me. I did some research and have been told I may work for no more than 90 days before I must get a visa. I am so excited and can't wait to be in the absolute most incredible place I've ever been...the people are what make this island truly beautiful

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 29, 2011 04:19PM

a visa? you have to get a working permit and a residency permit , otherwise you will be here illegally and working illegally.
Both permits are costly and time consuming.
If you don't have those before you come, you run the risk of getting deported.

I certainly understand about following your dream, but you have to be practical too.
Good luck!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Alisa (---.mediaserv.net)
Date: September 30, 2011 09:43PM

Hi i am living in Martinique and wish to move to St Martin i would like to know what it will cost me on house rent and how is the job market over there? I am also a mother of two ages 11 and One year old so are there any good public school too. I am not worried about food i know for a fact the is not costly my most concern is what will i pay on rent, light, water and cable? thank you for you help.

Posted by: Berdina (190.213.26.---)
Date: November 05, 2011 07:33PM

I saw all the post above and still have no idea what it would cost per month on St Maarten.
Rent of small apartment?
electricity?
rental of a car per month
Groceries
gasoline?

Could somebody just give me some idea? Just for one person.
What would be a good monthly salary?

Posted by: Jaysxm (---.w80-8.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 18, 2011 08:22PM

The cost of living is high in sxm. Rent for a 1 bedroom is minimum $1000 on either side of the island. Electricity about $250 for a 1 bedroom and water about $70 a month. Internet is around $70 a month. Gas $5 a gallon car rentals about $500 a month if you get a good deal. I would try to rent from a friend or local for less. smileys with beer

residir en St. Martin
Posted by: Michel (---.Red-83-40-209.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: November 19, 2011 07:39AM

Buenos días a todos; es un placer poder saludarles. Somos un matrimonio joven españoles y quisieramos contactar con alguien que nos aclare algunas dudas..
Es posible residir sin problemas en St. Martin, siendo europeo? Imagino que en la zona francesa será mas facil. si la residencia me la da Francia, tengo que residir obligatoriamente en la zona francesa? En cuanto a la construcción en la Isla, me pueden orientar el precio de construcción buena, por metro cuadrado? supongo que deben haber buenas empresas constructoras en st. Martin.Que zona me recomendaria para edificar una villa? y finalmente y abusando de su amabilidad, que salario se paga mensualmente a una persona que viva en casa y nos ayude con el servicio doméstico.

Gracias de antemano por su amabilidad, les deseo un dia excelente! saludos cordiales

vivir en st. Martin
Posted by: Michel (---.Red-83-40-209.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: November 19, 2011 11:41AM

Saludos de nuevo, hay agún forero español, viviendo en la isla? me encantaria poder contactar. Muchas gracias

Posted by: Sarah Jones (---.sbx08232.atlanga.wayport.net)
Date: December 08, 2011 12:25PM

Do you need working papers to work on the French side if you're a US citizen?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 08, 2011 01:05PM

Sarah, yes, you need working papers anywhere on the island if you are an USA citizen

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Aftab (---.wateen.net)
Date: January 21, 2012 09:57AM

Hi there

I am from Pakistan. I am trying to move to St Martin on a work permit and likely to get a salary in the range of USD 2000 to USD 2500. I wanted to ask if that will be sufficient enough for a single guy. I am not extravagant and do not spend on unnecessary items. I also have a friend based there who has a large business establishment. Please advice

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |