The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
censorship
Posted by: Carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 11:50AM

My posts have been deleted three times since yesterday on the "other" board-why-first because I thanked Augie for posting about Barbara1 and Phillipe so that I could figure out were you guys went. Then I posted about why my original post was erased-got an answer from C. H. that it wasn't her-she had not been on all day-then today I answered her post saying that I guess I was not allowed to mention a certain woman and man and in 45 secs that was gone too. Think it is pretty childish and funny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: censorship
Posted by: MarcG (---.si.cgocable.ca)
Date: June 05, 2008 11:53AM

Then why do you keep posting on TTOL? To me, you're just looking to stir up issues, and then re-posting here...not sure who is more childish here...All you had to do is PM Carol and she would have answered your question..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 11:55AM by MarcG.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 11:58AM

since you already found them. Post your message here and Augie will see it or if your registered in either place send a private message. Maybe the other board thought you were either deliberately stirring the pot or being insensitive by the third post you made.

Incidently this math is getting harder and harder.

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 12:46PM

MarcG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then why do you keep posting on TTOL? To me,
> you're just looking to stir up issues, and then
> re-posting here...not sure who is more childish
> here...All you had to do is PM Carol and she would
> have answered your question..

I did not bring up names Marc and there is really no reason to delete them if I did-the cliques on that board all know what happened I was away and did not know they were gone until I saw the post asking if they were banned and since I enjoy both of their knowledge of the Island was glad Augie asked and just thanked him (of course his post had been closed so could not respond to him)

Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 05, 2008 01:17PM

I agree with MarcG - I think those that have been here a long time, are here because they don't want to deal with the non-sense, and by posting the issues, your bringing the nonsense back! So I would either contact the Mods on TTOL with your questions, or just drop it. I would like to keep this the "Friendly Island Forum"!!!

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 01:45PM

Thnkyou, Kim. Well said. I guess your mother didn't no fool.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 01:47PM

Right on, Kim. And ditto to what Augie said.

Annie

Posted by: jt (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 03:15PM

think we are getting off the subject of whether or not posts should be erased-that is why I like it here-you are free to give opinions

Posted by: browning (---.nb.aliant.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 03:22PM

i understand your situation, i think we all got this happening in some ways or another with the other board. at least on here, even if ppl have expressed different views, your post is still here, theirs as well and the thread hasn't been locked, woot!! thumbs up

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 03:33PM

as long as people stay "civilised", and polite...smoking smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: June 05, 2008 03:34PM

And now this sounds like the other board!!

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 04:09PM

There's a big difference. It may sound like the other board, look somewhat like the other board, and maybe even taste like the other board, but when it all boils down, people here can express their disapproval of someone's post and if the original poster feels that they were justified in their beliefs, then they can come back and argue their point with maturity. And that is the key word....maturity.

And truth be told...Everyone loves a good arguement and with a good arguement can come a good learning experience as well if all the participants are willing to listen as well as speak. That's what's called a great debate. That's why school's teach this...to train students that speaking is not as vital as listening and maybe learning that they are not always in the right.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Mike_B (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 04:11PM

As long as it's kept civil, I agree with your 100% John

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 04:17PM

Yep...that's all it takes. You see, I understand the original posters truly good intentions and I understand the comments that were made afterwards as well. Nothing wrong with that. The original poster should not feel slighted. Just look at it as a learning experince.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 04:20PM by John.

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 06:14PM

carolv, I feel your frustration. Well, now that you know where they are feel welcome to ask questions. We also look forward to your contributions on this forum!!>grinning smiley<

smileys with beer Contessa

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |