- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Great Tips and Tricks worth sharing
Posted by: Az Guy (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: June 08, 2008 12:16PM

Safety - I have never felt unsafe on St Maarten in 16 years of visits. But it does pay to take precautions.

- Leave the good jewelery and watches at home.
- Men - Take a money clip. All you need is some cash, your DL and a CC. If you will be carrying more cash than usual, divide it up into several pockets so you don't flash too much at once.
- Women - If you must carry a purse take a small one. Try not to walk next to the curb side of the sidewalk.
- If you are going to leave something in the trunk of your RAC do NOT put it in the trunk at your destination. Stop before you get there.
- Don't drive more than you can drink - lol

~~ Once you've slept on an island, you'll never be the same ~~
2008 St Maarten Pics

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 08, 2008 04:18PM

My tip is off topic...

Take something with a grain of salt
Posters give their opinions on where to go and what to do...
Read the posts but remember your taste and comfort zone may be different, take the info and apply it to what would work for you.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 08, 2008 04:28PM

Another excellent tip!

Posted by: leenms (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 10, 2008 08:20AM

I don't think this has been mentioned yet and many do this already. Get to the airport as early as possible on your departure day and check in at the counter and check your luggage. Check to see when your airline's counter opens first. If it's early enough there should be no line. Keep your rental car and go hang out at Sunset Beach Bar. When you see your plane come in or a little before depending on the timing, go to the airport. All you have to do then is turn your car in (this only works if your rental agent has airport drop off), get through security and go to your gate. It's much more fun hanging out at SBB than the airport and anything is better than standing in those long lines to check in. I know this worked for us before the new airport. I hope it still does!

Posted by: Henry (63.98.233.---)
Date: June 10, 2008 10:06AM

My wife and I buy a 1 pound can of coffee for our stay once we get there. When we get to the room we empty the coffee into a ziplock bag. The empty coffee can now becomes a pee can for when we're stuck in traffic and about to bust and not a bathroom in site. Has come in handy a few times.

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 10, 2008 12:35PM

Airport tip: Excellent advice and one that we always assume that others know.

Coffee Can tip: Never had to go that urgently but I would assume that this is a great tip for men grinning smiley...So Ladies' sorry but you're gonna have to hold it hot smiley and guys, don't forget to bring the cap along as well!

Posted by: MelissaG (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 11, 2008 04:30PM

John Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Airport tip: Excellent advice and one that we
> always assume that others know.
>
> Coffee Can tip: Never had to go that urgently but
> I would assume that this is a great tip for men
> grinning smiley...So Ladies' sorry but you're gonna have to
> hold it hot smiley and guys, don't forget to bring the cap
> along as well!

Now wouldn't that be something for someone to get when they break into a car...lmao

Melissa

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2008 05:33PM

You actually made me choke on my food from laughing! Thanks!

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: contessa (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 13, 2008 05:36PM

My favorite is the 'flat tire' stuff. Unfortunately, we've had the bad luck to have TWO flats. One on O.B. and a nice gentleman from Norfolk, VA ( I suspect, Navy) helped us and the other, Marius' dad, Rocky came out with a new tire. $$$$! So, the 'Fix-a-flat' would have come in handy, even just to get to a gas station. They do fix flats, don't they??winking smiley

smileys with beer Contessa

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 14, 2008 10:20AM

I know this won't work unless you are on the island for a while, but since I own three weeks and never stay that long, I never come or leave on my check-in or checkout days-this way I don't travel on Saturday's, the room is ready when I get there and I have the room for the whole day that I am leaving. I do go to the airport really early (around 9 am) for a 4 pm flight to check my luggage, get a bulk head seat and then go back and relax for the rest of the day (stay at tthe Pelican so I am close to the airport anyway) and go back an hour before, turn in the car, zip thru security and get on the plane.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |