The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Voices in posts?
Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 08:15AM

I once had PM'd Phillipe that I always imagined in my head what certain posters sounded like and he said that he did also. By the way, he sounds the same on this board. I just wondering if others experience this. I have never met anybody that has posted on either board so I don't know if I would be disappointed, amazed or totally surprised.

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Voices in posts?
Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: June 04, 2008 08:18AM

Hey Seas....We type the same here as the other board!!

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 08:23AM

I 'sound' the same also.

Annie

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 08:25AM

If you met Philippe or Barbara, you would not be disappointed. They are both lovely people and their voices actually match their typing! LOL

They are proud of their island and I respect their integrity in trying to keep this proud feeling alive and well.

Date: June 04, 2008 08:44AM

John, Barbara and I are good friends...I just love that girl! I have not, as yet, had the privilege of meeting Philippe. I do hope to do that on my next trip to SXM.

Annie

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 08:57AM

Hi Annie, I hope that we meet too on your next trip. It will give us an opportunity to go out for dinner with Barbara and Dee again !smileys with beerthumbs uphot smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 08:58AM

Re: Barbara and Phillipe.

"Our character...is an omen of our destiny, and the more integrity we have and keep, the simpler and nobler that destiny is likely to be."

George Santayana

I had the right to remain silent...but I didn't.

[burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 09:02AM

That's true, I remember that PM...smiling smiley and that's true also that we can be surprised when we met the people in real... I was when I met Vicki, even though I swore to her that I would reconise her when she will pass the door of my restaurant.. I didn't, and by the middle of her meal, when I pass at her table to see if everything was allright, she told me " you know we are old friends, but we never met before.. My name is Vicki, "sca2la"... Wow, she was much younger of what I thought, I imagined her with blond short hair, she had long dark hair... Same with many other people I was used to exchange messages or info on the board.
That's interesting, isn't it?

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: June 04, 2008 09:08AM

I do the same thing when I hear people on the radio.

Posted by: John (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 09:40AM

Well hello my friend Philippe...my name may have changed (for reasons too long to explain) but my voice is still the same and WOW!!! Younger than what you thought???? I am positively glowing right now!!!! lol...

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 09:40AM

Philippe, when I met you, you looked and sounded exactly as I expected you to, but then I had seen your picture on your blog! I wish the night we had dinner at Tabba Khady had been a nicer one weather-wise, so that we would have felt like hanging around and chatting for a while. I had no idea until after we got home that Vicki was there at the same time we were! We could have had a nice time. Oh well, another trip!

Date: June 04, 2008 02:16PM

Philippe, we definitely WILL meet when I go down again and have dinner with Barbara and Dee. They are such a delight to be with. Now to see about making plans!

Annie

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 02:25PM

Great thoughts!! When I was at Cap't Olivers and a young handsome man came by my table I just knew it was Phillipe. He's younger and far better looking than his picture in his blog.
As for me......I'm six feet, blonde, with legs up to my armpits!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

>grinning smiley< Contessa

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.49.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: June 04, 2008 02:34PM

Contessa ! >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 03:42PM

Just found out today from reading a post from Augie that you guys (barbara1 and Philippe) Popped over to here and saw you on- Went back to the OTHER and left a post thanking Augie for helping me find Barbara1. Guess what-it was gone DELETED what a surprise. This board is so much better-thanks

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |