The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Anguilla
Posted by: jaybee (---.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl)
Date: September 15, 2009 03:40PM

You read anything except self-made posts?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Have a look at THIRD post up from your post (Tabba Khady's post of 6 Feb) where Haiti is listed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anguilla to french st.martin
Posted by: shawn (205.217.225.---)
Date: July 30, 2010 02:01PM

hi i am a kittion who is vacationing in anguilla and i hold a caricom passport by my concern is i would like to go st.martin for 1 day to shop via the ferry. but im wonderin if i need a french visa to enter french st.martin

Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: July 30, 2010 03:38PM

If you take a ferry from Anguilla to French Saint Martin, YES.

There are ferries which do go to the Dutch side too. Not sure of your need for Dutch Sint Maarten....??

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: Kimbere (---.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 03, 2010 04:10PM

We are staying in SXM from 8/21 thru the 28th. Planning a day trip to Anguilla to spend the day at Shoal Beach and have lunch. We are staying at Little Divi Bay, and are renting a car. Is there a place to park cars at the ferry port in Mariogot? Is that where you would recommend for us to leave from? Best lunch suggestions for Shoal Bay? I also see that the last ferry is at like 4:00? Is that correct? I just want to have all our info taken care of...don't want to be stuck over there with no place to sleep. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Thanks for the info!!

Re: Anguilla - Tours
Posted by: papa_smoke (---.woh.res.rr.com)
Date: August 05, 2010 09:49PM

There are lots of nice beaches on SXM, where we will be staying for 12 days. We WOULD like to visit Anguilla for a day and are thinking of taking some kind of island tour that may or may not stop at Shoal Bay East. Does anyone know of a reputable, informed, and entertaining guide (could be a cab driver?) who could show us around on a single day trip? Does anyone have a general idea of costs?

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2010 08:33AM

When you arrive in Anguilla by the harbour, there are many of taxi/guides waiting for visitors. They all do pretty much the same tour and all are very nice! You will find Anguillan people VERY friendly, courteous, polite and respectuous... don't remember the cost though (because last time I used a guide was long time ago, since I rent a car and tour by myself..), but maybe last time I went there I think some guys were proposing something which was around $30 if I am not mistaken...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: papa_smoke (---.woh.res.rr.com)
Date: August 06, 2010 09:20AM

Thank you, Philippe!

How about the rest of you Anguilla lovers? Any input?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2010 12:20PM

Philippe is right. all the taxi drivers there are well informed and friendly. they love to talk about their island.
There will be plenty there at the ferry when you arrive.
I think the cost is more than $30.00 though
the last I heard it was about $40.00 for 2 hours.
you can probably negotiate price
check out this link for more information

[anguilla-guide.info]

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: peter (209.59.76.---)
Date: August 21, 2011 09:30AM

i live in Anguilla and would like to st Maarten, but i want to travel through the french side because it's cheaper, however i have a vincentian passport and the french embassy is all the way in st Lucia. is there any other way i can obtain a french visa without going to st Lucia. Does french st maarten offer temporary visas for persons who wish to travel occasionally.

Posted by: raymond ottley (---.dynamic.tstt.net.tt)
Date: August 18, 2012 05:34PM

I am a citizen of trinidad and tobago and wish to visit anguilla from st maarten for 1 day in october ; I will have my trinidad passport and return ticket to trinidad from st maarten ; do I need a visa to visit anguilla returning at marigot or the dutch side

Posted by: Martha (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: December 05, 2014 09:29PM

Hi! Me and my husband are in sint maarten, we want to go to anguilla just to spend the day and then come back to sint. Maarten. We are both from Peru, and we have american visa. if we go from the dutch side of Smx to Anguilla do we need a visa? If so, can we get the visa in smx? How long would that take? We'll really apreciate you answer! smiling smiley

Posted by: pat (72.252.14.---)
Date: December 06, 2014 05:16PM

Martha, with all due respect I'm thinking that's a question you really should get an 'official' response to as opposed to one from any of us who may 'think' we're giving you good info. But that's just my opinion and there may be those here who actually can help you......

Hope you're having a good time. We're also on island and livin' and livin' every day.

Posted by: Biglar (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2014 09:43PM

We have been to Anguilla a few times in the past 15 years. We used the taxi service a few times and other times have rented a car right outside the ferry terminal. Cost is almost the same as the taxi and you have the freedom to travel to various places on the island. We enjoyed the Cuisinart resort and the hydroponic farm that is on site, Bankie Banx's Dune Preserve restaurant and the Blanchards restaurant which I can't recall the name. It is easy driving on the island but you do drive on the left side. We never experienced much traffic. Shoal Bay is naturally a must. WE have never stayed overnight, but may do that sometime. And again, don't forget your passport.

Posted by: HowdyThere (---.rcmdva.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 15, 2014 05:13PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi! Me and my husband are in sint maarten, we want
> to go to anguilla just to spend the day and then
> come back to sint. Maarten. We are both from Peru,
> and we have american visa. if we go from the dutch
> side of Smx to Anguilla do we need a visa? If so,
> can we get the visa in smx? How long would that
> take? We'll really apreciate you answer! smiling smiley

A citizen of Peru needs a visa to enter Anguilla - maybe there is a way to deal with it, I do not know. There is no British consulate or embassy on SXM as far as I know.

Posted by: Biglar (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2014 04:04PM

We love the island. The first time we went to Anguilla we took a taxi every place we wanted to go, but on other trips we rented a car so we could have the freedom of going where and when we wanted. Probably cost the same in the long run. Do have to drive on the left side of the road, but I enjoy something different and there is very little traffic. We were able to visit Bankie Banx at the Dune Preserve and made a visit to the hydroponic farm at the Cuisnart Resort. Also headed to Blanchard's restaurant and got our book autographed. But, the best part of every trip is a stop at Gwen's and some time on Shoal Bay East beach. Don't forget your passport!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |