The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

pee uuu??
Posted by: pasnyder (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 21, 2008 06:46PM

Barb, Philippe, Is this as bad as the Daily Herald is describing today?
[www.thedailyherald.com]

Sometimes, when sitting on the porch at the Boat House, I've smelled it, but it appears it has gotten worse?

Pauline

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pee uuu??
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2008 06:53PM

I really don't know. I haven't really bene down there. I drove through lst night and went to Maho. I had the car windows open thoguh and didn't smell anything.but I guess it must be true. I am not sure where they are talking about though.. the whole strip? that doesn't sound right.
and is it sewage or the lagoon? We have not had any rain in so long. We need a good washing down to wash away all the pollution.
I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: ter (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:10PM

The smell was awful the night we were at The Boathouse in April! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.51.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:19PM

The wind are not taking the smell this way toward Oyster Pond, and since I am LOCKED in this area since weeks now and didn't came down to civilisation since a while I cannot say. But I know that the small lagoon of Oyster Pond got tendancy to stink a little bit since few days... I think on this side that's because of the heat and the water warming up, the algues are dying and stink. Don't know about Simpson Bay...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:22PM

P
I tend to think it might be the same problem in Simpson bay.
It can happen this time of year when we have no rain..and, believe me,, we have had no rain.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:29PM

Sometimes Royal Marina smells the same way. YUCK! angry smiley
Does anyone remember Club O smelling the same way??? Even rolling up the windows didn't do it. OMG....you'd have to stuff the nostrils!!tongue sticking out smiley

grinning smiley Contessa

Posted by: irina (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: May 22, 2008 07:26AM

Barbara,
As you know we are at the Atrium and woke up around 5 am smelling poop! We thought it was the bedding but it didn't smell before so...........
By 7 am we got up, couldn't take it anymore.
Of course there was an earth mover outside our window banging and lumbering up Onyx Street so sleep was finished anyway.
And yes the other day it stunk from Maho, Simpson Bay Beach etc.
Cheers
irina
PS It rained a little here last night.

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: May 22, 2008 03:16PM

oh come on irina - we know what the smell was from!!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Clark (---.154.207.5.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: May 25, 2008 10:25AM

I was at La Terrasse in Maho from May9-21. I read the article in the DH while on island. No smell in Maho accept for the occasional aircraft exhaust. Prevailing wind comes from Simpson Bay area toward Maho and I detected nothing. Spent most of my time on the balcony overlooking the beach and ocean and of course watching the planes. Weather was great. A few sprinkles one morning and a short shower one night. Had a fabulous relaxing time. The bummer has been returning to a cool (cold?) New England instead of the usual warmer May weather.
chbpod

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |