- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 15 of 19
Re: OK. I am starting a new thread on "back in the day" stories
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 04:47PM

Barbara,I remember Little Bay Hotels original cut in half drums they used for BBQ'S on the patio.Do you remember the wonderful lady/manager from the restaurant who greated guests and walked them to the tables.How about the man in charge of offering the wines. How about the desert cart they brought to your table.Those were the DAYS of real service on SXM and now its buffet dinners.How can anyone say SXM is better today than in the DAYS...........I had Maggie email a few of my old SXM pictures we took with my cell phone camera.How can I send them to you from my email.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2008 05:46PM

Date: August 23, 2008 10:23AM

Barbara, I hope to send a few soon. I need Maggie send them from my computor files when she has a chance.Talking about Little Bay Beach Hotel(70's) I remember being suprised to see in the garden rooms the old style water closet toilets.Guests had to pull down a chain connected to the overhead water box to flush the toilet. ......Remember when there was only sand and no buildings between the airport & Mullet Bay Hotel.

Date: August 23, 2008 05:05PM

I'll never forget yrs ago stopping in at Sabastiano's around noon to make a reservation.When I entered the original section the back door was open.I looked outside in the rear of the building from the front entrance area. There was a clothes line setup with the days pasta hanging on the line.Those were the DAYS

Date: August 23, 2008 05:36PM

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
your memory is phenomenal Bob

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: lynn (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 24, 2008 01:36PM

we are WAY over 60 posts!smiling smiley)))

Date: August 24, 2008 01:50PM

60 posts? no limit here! smiling smiley

Date: August 31, 2008 05:47PM

Barbara, Do you remember where & when there was Crap races. How about when the traffic light was working by the Midass shop.Thankfully the GOV. turned it off after a yr or two.Remember how much worse the congestion was in that area from the light.Strange how everyone managed to drive threw Grand Case before the by-pass rd was built in 90.The drive time from Orient to PJIA still took less time then.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2008 08:26AM

Hey Bob...I may remember where & when that race took place.... it was last year as hubby and I were sitting by the pool. It hit us both at the same time as we both stood up at the same time and raced across the lawn toward our room after we both realized we had eaten something bad.

only kidding you..... smiling smiley Don't you just wish you could just flip that "p" up right now.grinning smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: September 01, 2008 11:17AM

Vicki,Sorry wrong letter but it was good for a laugh. Remember that song quote sometimes everybody play the fool.Of cource it was supposed to read CRAB races.Maybe we should leave the "p" and see the responces which might be funnier or similar to yours. HaHa

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2008 11:39AM

But Bob, we have called them crap races.... right after we've lost!

I have made that mistake one too many times in my life but the worst was when I was typing the menus at the Club and mistyped a menu item which in turn, if not caught before distributing, would have either gotten a lot of laughs or else would have turned off anyone wanting to order that item!

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Date: September 01, 2008 11:47AM

Vicki, WOW fast responce.I'm guessing that item was either Crab cakes or Crab salad. That would have really been funny.It would be funny if customers really wanted the crap cakes or salad. HaHa

Date: September 06, 2008 05:49PM

Who else remembers brushing the ash off your rental cars, and chairs from the volcano eruptions in 97.Also AA's flight from JFK was limited to 3 days a week because low tourism.

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: September 06, 2008 09:25PM

not sure if your talking about the same eruptions, but it was 1995 that the volcano erupted in Montseratt, and caused alot of the problems, thats when the AUC moved around and eventually ended up in Sint Maarten.

Date: September 06, 2008 09:51PM

yea, Kim, but it was 2 years later that it erupted again and we got all the ash from it.
hey, I hear you are under a tornado watch up there.

Pages: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 15 of 19

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |