The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Philippe/Barbara
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 12:52PM

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 02:32PM by Elaine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 12:56PM

Now, lets not let the recipes pass us by..smileys with beer

Date: June 03, 2008 12:58PM

Elaine, I think they are trying to make this board quite the opposite. Take it from experience, TTOL bashing isnt wanted here.
Lets be honest though.There is a lot of BS on TTOL, even though there is a lot of informative postsings.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 01:02PM

Elaine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Philippe -
>
> I'm sorry, but I think your post is quite cold
> hearted. How many folks on TTOL have asked your
> advise and counsel over the years? And thanked you
> for it.
>
> Even those, like me, who you choose to ignore.
>
> If this is becoming a place to bash TTOL, for
> whatever reason, then it's not really a nice place
> after all.

Its not really too much different than TTOL in that respect. Maybe you just never noticed when it came from there and was aimed at this bb. There are always those that will bash and their on both bb's. Kinda sad really when you think about it.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.73.242.24.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 03, 2008 01:15PM

Hey Elaine!

Philippe is expressing his views on the content of another forum. Personally I can't see any "bashing" happening here. If he is bored with the board then that is his decision.

It seems to me that "bashing" of any sort is a bit uncivilized. Gossip, rumour and innuendo do nothing to inform newcomers about the Island.

When posts on any forum are completely self centered, overly critical and riddled with I. I. I. I. and me. me, me, and focus on one upping the previous poster IMHO they become BORING....

We travel a lot, I like to share my good times, experience and photos and will continue to do so anyplace they are appreciated, but won't get into exchanges with posters looking for on line conflict.

BIGDEN

Date: June 03, 2008 01:18PM

Sorry for my poor choice of words. If someone can delete my post, please do.

Date: June 03, 2008 01:19PM

I think you can just click edit and then erase the post.. I think....LOL

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.49.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: June 03, 2008 02:29PM

Hi Elaine,
I don't beleive I ever choose to ignore you at any point, and if I did not answer one (or some ) of your question it is may be because I wasn't aware of them. But at no point I either ignored you, or felt unsensitive about the people who thanked me for my help or answer. There are even few people that I really decided to ignore on the other board and that I do not ignore on this one because I feel they have a better attitude now...
I do beleive that the other board is more like a "chat room" than a buletin board per definition because it is more use such as is. People exchange opinion and point of view. I don't think it is bashing it by making this point. Nobody can denie either that the board became over saturated with threads about same topics, and those topics, which are endlessly coming back on the board, sometime two or three threads at the same time, are : "crimes and solution", "nudity on OB and the morning walk", and the "1 to 1 issue".
If you notice, since many month already I wasn't taking part in the majority of those threads, including the "crime" ones, and was posting on TTOL only to answer legitimate and constructive questions, but I found the fighting, bickering and name calling being out of control, as well as the imature childish attitude of some members.
Take note that I do not, and don't want, generalise, and TTOL have many and many great members, which some of them became my friends over the years. I have nothing against them at all, I just do not agree with some attitude there and some moderating method, which I found IMHO unlogical, partial and sometime unfair. For those reason I decided to move on. I am a peacefull man, at least that's how I am considering myself, and I do prefer much more threads and post about exchange of experience, sharing old pictures of our loving island, old story, new things happening here, food discussion, activities, touristic informations, etc... than a debate about what our governement should or shouldn't do, and how our laws should be changed, etc...
I am very sorry if I didn't expressed myself correctly, english not being my first language, and people tend to forget about that fact, I sometime come a bit stronger than I would have wanted, or people would have expected, not having full control of the language nuances. I appologise for that, and I do too, if you think I ignored you which I did not, I can assure.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mike_B (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 02:39PM

Philippe,
You need not apologise to anyone.
Your expertise and knowledge (like that of Barbara and other island residents that post to the multiple SXM forum) has been of benefit to many travelers and potential travelers.

Posted by: Rasputin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 02:49PM

Just wanted to say "hello".
Not defecting per se. May occassionally join in assuming I'm welcome.
Hey Philippe, remember my true identity is still a "secret" LOL.
You are one of the few here that have ever seen me in person and could pick-me out of a "line-up". Just kidding.

Hope everyone is well.

p.s. I almost flunked the Spam Protection math test !

Date: June 03, 2008 03:03PM

Philippe,

I apologize for my comments.

Elaine

Posted by: Clark (---.154.205.27.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 04:46PM

WOW---- I got back from two weeks (May 9th-21st) and never new that this has been going on. At least they don't have the 60 posts rule on FIF----this site has not been particularly active since Gert went to Barbara1 and Neil as moderators----and that was a good call------the site was out of control--- and I participated in it-- as some of you may recall----that being said-------this is Gert's site and TTOL is Eric and Carol's site--- they both have moderators-----AND that's the point!!!!! they moderate-from THEIR perspective---like it or lump it-- take it or leave it---I have had posts deleted on TTOL---so what????? and expect that I will again---if I cross that line--WHEREEVER THE HELL IT IS AT THAT PARTICULAR POINT IN THE WINDMILLS OF THE MODERATOR'S MIND----Moderator's make judgment calls---and no one knows what affects them on that particular day----milk was sour in the Cheerios??? Wife made you take out the trash-- with a proper scolding?? whatever???
well I would hate to see mass defections--I check both boards- and GoBeach is considerably less active---this may have been derived from a poster on GoBeach that was very hostile to anyone who was a naturist---and since many TTOLers are OB types they may have been turned off by the anti-naturist rants-----I don't thin that's going to happen again---so welcome to TTOLers-- hope you use both boards-----the more info about SXM that can be shared-- GOOD AND BAD----is beneficial to us tourists-----yeah I can see some folks have their shorts in a twist---hopefully this will abate------as far as I am concerned---keeping SXM alive- even by trip reports or criticisms----it's all for the good---chbpod

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 05:45PM

Of course you are welcome ! join as much as you feel.
And don't worry, I know how to keep a secret and I am not going to revele you identity...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 03, 2008 05:47PM

Elaine, you don't have to apologize at all for your comment which were not offensive. Don't worry, it prove the point that people can differ graciously without calling eachother name, and it is ok to differ.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 03, 2008 05:51PM

Clark Wrote:
> they both have
> moderators-----AND that's the point!!!!! they
> moderate-from THEIR perspective---like it or lump
> it-- take it or leave it---

You are right, everybody is free to choice and to manage its own feelings...:
I didn't like it, I lumped it...
I didn't took it, I left it.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |