The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Philippe/Barbara
Posted by: mcinnamon (---.ded.ameritech.net)
Date: May 21, 2008 03:08PM

Gert's upgrade created the same "new" start date for many of us. We all started again 07/08/05 @ 12:43am.

mc

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gert (Moderator)
Date: May 26, 2008 02:37PM

But you can still see who registered before of after you. In the link to your profile it will have the member number. For mcinnmon's profile the url is www2.gobeach.com/sxm/profile.php?1,51 so you are member 51. Contessa is 46, etc.

Posted by: dcarol (63.127.79.---)
Date: June 02, 2008 01:52PM

Glad to of finally found Philippe/Barbara. I so enjoyed what they had to add but did not like that they were shut down by other folks. Looking forward to reading their entries.

Posted by: angelface (65.199.13.---)
Date: June 02, 2008 02:11PM

I was wondering what happened to you guys. Glad you've found a home over here!!

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.51.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: June 02, 2008 02:20PM

Hi to both of you, Angelface and Carold, I am glad too that you had time to read the thread indicating where we've been and initiated by "january" on the other board before it was shut down again by the moderator, (this time for obvious reason). You will realise that this board is a bit quieter than the otherone, and for some it may be "boring", but we find it comfortable overall.
I hope you will enjoy it, visit and post as well, as much as you will feel.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: bcliff (---.noaa.gov)
Date: June 02, 2008 02:34PM

Hello. I too am a TTOL defector! The censorship and bullying of opinions on that board drove me nuts - I'm very happy to have a new home.

Posted by: NJHarry (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 02, 2008 02:54PM

Hello to all. I am new to this board and while I remain a member of TTOL, my goal is to be happy, read and share SXM travel information. The island is a source of relaxation and smiles to us, and I like to post with relaxation and smiles.

I wish you all much happiness and relaxation on your trips to SXM! And I look forward to reading posts which increase my knowledge of SXM. I will also do my best to help others with any island information I have. I've learned alot from all the experiences of those who traveled to SXM before me, and I'll do my best to help those to travel after me.

Good luck to everyone!
NJHarry

Posted by: lloyd (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 02, 2008 11:22PM

How come you guys got kicked off TTOL?

Posted by: Mike_B (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 02, 2008 11:38PM

They didn't

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 07:41AM

If you read this whole thread you will understand that we left on our own for some very specific reasons. Like Mike_B said you we were not "kicked off"

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 09:46AM

The number of posts on this board appear to be decreasing daily. Looks like all the "defectors" went crawling back to ttol.sad smiley Personally, I've always enjoyed reading this board.

Posted by: cuznvin (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 09:53AM

Maybe there are less posts here because people arent posting all of the BS posts that you find on TTOL. Quality not Quantity!!

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 10:13AM

In other words, the other board is used as you would use a "chat room" to debate about crime (unconstructively...), right of nudity on sxm beaches (and re-inventing the laws...), the Euro/US dollars exchange rate and the "obligation" (in the mind of some..) of offering the 1 to 1 in restaurants (and soon in jewelry store, perfumeries, clothing store and why not in supermarkets...).
It is chat room where people mostly exchange opinions and point of views, no facts, at least for the majority of the threads. Obviously when people cannot debate and defend their views, they just don't know what to do to spend their time, they become bored and they just go back where they can do it.
This is true that this board is not for that, but is done to ask questions about sxm, and/or post informative and constructive responses or new topics about sxm facts. this is not a chat room, so obviously it is more quiet.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 10:37AM

WOW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The number of posts on this board appear to be
> decreasing daily. Looks like all the "defectors"
> went crawling back to ttol.sad smiley Personally, I've
> always enjoyed reading this board.

Wow!! Look at the names/or IPs. there are many here who of always been here or at least they have been here longer than me and then there are the transcients who come and go at will and will still float back and forth. it is nice to be able to voice an opinion and an hour later know it is still there and not vanished into the night because someone didn't like what you had to say or agree with your p.o.v. It makes you feel like even if no one agrees with you you have validity in your personal opinions. But its always been that way here unless people start spouting pure garbage and then the mods step in and do what they get to do.

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 11:49AM

cuznvin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe there are less posts here because people
> arent posting all of the BS posts that you find on
> TTOL. Quality not Quantity!!

I think you hit the nail right on the head. The reason I like this board is because of the info, not the crime solutions, cliques, recipes and jokes. You have put my thoughts into words.smiling bouncing smiley

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |