The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Philippe/Barbara
Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.52-150.caribserve.net)
Date: May 15, 2008 07:10AM

When I registered, the email was sent automatically within seconds but went in my "junk mail" folder... Check there.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: May 15, 2008 09:52AM

Ditto what Pat said. I've sent my PM's also, so you know how I feel. You will be missed over there, but you have to do what you have to do!

Elaine

Posted by: AlanB (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 15, 2008 12:33PM

Geez-o-Pete!!! I go down to the island for the first time in two and a half years and while I'm there all hell breaks loose.

My two Euros...board control has been a bone of contention at TTOL since the inception 8 years ago. Heaven knows Carol and I have gotten after it with each other numerous times, and for a long time Bob! and I pretty much hated each other's guts, although we buried the hatchet a long time ago.

I've had the experience of having posts dissapear many times, and often thought there was little consistency around it. I would piss and moan about it, both publicly and in PM's to Carol, but never with any particular effect. The response, if there was one, was usually to the effect that I shouldn't let the door slam me in the ass on my way out. There is surely a particular board "correctness" as set up by the owners, and always has been. Wander astray and off your post goes into cyberpurgatory. Maybe that's why I haven't been as active there in the last couple of years. Although even way less here, I must admit.

As I'm thinking about what I'm about to say, I'm surely not suggesting that either Barbara or Philippe have behaved in anything resembling this manner, but I'm reminded of the catastrophic end to the old TT board when it was invaded by sociopaths, so perhaps the TTOL management went way the other way in the control it chose to take right from the beginning. I've never liked it, but perhaps as a way of dealing with it, I've chosen to wear my deleted posts as a bit of a badge of honor. Y'know, if Carol doesn't dump one of mine every now and then, I'm not doing my job.smoking smiley

Anyway, its too bad Barbara and Philippe won't be around anymore. Along with everybody else who's posted here in their behalf, I recognize you could always depend on both of them for accurate island info and reasonable feedback.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2008 01:25PM by AlanB.

Posted by: libra923 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 15, 2008 03:11PM

Don't know exactly what happened on the other board (TTOL), but I'm glad to see this board is more active. I've lerked on it since the beginning and enjoyed it, it just wasn't very active. I'd read TTOL daily, but there always seemed to be a certain click, anyway thanks Philippe and Barbara for you input in info.

Posted by: Vinny (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 15, 2008 05:58PM

Never got the activation email B!!

Date: May 15, 2008 06:06PM

And this post by Bob! really pissed me off. Posted on TTOL today:

Hmmm.. Can you please tell me what thread got deleted? The only threads
that were deleted were the ones questioning my actions in locking threads.
Those were in direct violation of our terms of use policy. I assure you
nothing else was removed, regardless of what others have told you/what you read.

LIES!!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 15, 2008 06:11PM

yea, Philippe and I saw that too.
Vinny..are you still unable to log in?

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: VInny (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 15, 2008 06:15PM

Still cant log in. Filled in the part to have my password reset and didnt get that email either. Never got the activation email...

Date: May 15, 2008 06:17PM

you checked your junk mail?
did you use the email address I have for yu?
let me know and I'll email Gert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2008 06:18PM by Barbara1.

Date: May 15, 2008 06:19PM

Nothing in my junk mail.. I did use that email address...

Date: May 15, 2008 06:20PM

Ok. I'll get Gert to set you up

Posted by: Oldtimer (12.16.111.---)
Date: May 15, 2008 06:33PM

Barbara and Philippe,

Good to see you both here and the board being revived.

Philippe, you don't know the history, but I'm pretty sure that Barbara remembers the past history with the other board and that other guy who used to tell the "in the day" stories????

Anyway, probably won't be posting much as we haven't been there in a while, so we can't provide accurate info anymore. Got distracted with Jazz Fest in New Orleans instead. Still follow the news and may even be back next year.

Anyway, the best to both!

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: May 15, 2008 07:31PM

oldtimer - are you Mr. TJM, or do you know what happened to him, he had some incredible stories!!!!

Posted by: stmartinlovers (24.222.195.---)
Date: May 15, 2008 07:41PM

I have been checking this board all day. I love it. No BS just the information you would exect to find on a Travel Forum. Thanks to my woman for leading me here..you know who you are..talk to you on Saturday. XOXo

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 15, 2008 07:44PM

Thank you, Kim. I was wondering the exact same thing.

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |