- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Philippe/Barbara
Posted by: browning (---.nb.aliant.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 05:56PM

i'm glad this board is here. my old nickname on ttol is littlehouse. i'm grateful there is a place where ppl can share their views and opinions, without getting the thread deleted or locked for no good reason. this thread is a perfect example... elaine expressed her views and wasn't shut down or attacked; with further discussion it even brought more clarity.

so give thanks to barb and co for taking care of it and trying to be as fair as i'm sure they can be.

haven't been to sxm in a while but it will always have a place in my heart and these boards helps us remember and keep us up to date with the island situations.

smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.60-57.caribserve.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 05:58PM

I couldn't post on TTOL again anyway even if I wanted to, since they had cancelled and revoked my membership and prohibit me to login as "tabba khady"... It's shows a lot!...thumbs down

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 06:09PM by Tabba Khady.

Date: June 03, 2008 06:03PM

oh well, not a big lost philippe, what's the point of having an account esp if your posts will prob get deleted anyways lol nuff ppl will post for you anyways, just saw your link in a thread there.

didn't we pass the 60 posts limit here or whatever amount in a thread ?? oh ya true, no other boards does that lol >grinning smiley< one thing i like here for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 06:04PM by browning.

Posted by: Marc (---.si.cgocable.ca)
Date: June 03, 2008 06:15PM

Tabba Khady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Clark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > they both have
> > moderators-----AND that's the point!!!!! they
> > moderate-from THEIR perspective---like it or
> lump
> > it-- take it or leave it---
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> You are right, everybody is free to choice and to
> manage its own feelings...:
> I didn't like it, I lumped it...
> I didn't took it, I left it.

It`s also because nothing negative about SXM has been posted on this site for debate. I'm a huge defender of the island, the way it is, good or bad. But some who on TTOL who posted about different negativities, àre not doing it here now, and in my opinion, due to both Barbara and yourself Philipe, living on the island.

What created all these issues with TTOL that some of you left, was the crime postings, where threads were locked after you posted to defend SXM and it`s people, right?

Like another posted said, the more places to exchange about SXM the better. It`s not easy being a moderator, and to trash TTOL is unfair.

Date: June 03, 2008 06:25PM

browning Wrote:
> just saw your link in a thread
> there.
>

Yeah someone just told me that Jeff had posted the link off my blog there (without my knowledge nor permission...). He certainly knows that I cannot access TTOL anymore since my membership was revoked, so he feels safe to use info belonging to my blogwinking smiley
That's all right... Those pictures are interesting to anyone including for the people on TTOL, and now the ones who didn't knew where I went will know now...grinning smiley
So more people to join gobeach soon I guess hot smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 07:04PM by Tabba Khady.

Date: June 03, 2008 06:46PM

>
> What created all these issues with TTOL that some
> of you left, was the crime postings, where threads
> were locked after you posted to defend SXM and
> it`s people, right?
>
> Like another posted said, the more places to
> exchange about SXM the better. It`s not easy being
> a moderator, and to trash TTOL is unfair.

if only the threads were closed for those reasons, i've seen threads being closed for just reporting the crime, not always for defending the island or the locals.. often it wasn't even crime related posts. being a mod aint a easy job, can't make everyone happy i guess hehe

i agree with you, the more exchange the better at least now there will be 2 active boards thumbs up

Date: June 03, 2008 07:06PM

It`s not easy being
> a moderator, and to trash TTOL is unfair.
---------------------------------------------------------

We are not trashing TTOL, don't misunderstand, we are stating facts about what happened and why choice where made to move on...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: dcarol (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 03, 2008 07:07PM

Who would of thought there was such a big Philippe and Barbara fan club(lol). Glad they have a cheering section.

Posted by: sxmmmartini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 03, 2008 07:51PM

Barbara and Philippe...Thank you for all your information about SXM.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 11:24AM by sxmmmartini.

Posted by: RudyNAnna (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 10:43PM

I just found out and wanted to say hello. Best of luck with your new enterprise.

Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.com)
Date: June 03, 2008 11:22PM

I believe the best part of reading this forum for me is that I walk away with a smile on my face. It is enjoyment. TTOL so often I get up and want to throw something into the wall. Keep up the good work.
Sylvia

Date: June 03, 2008 11:27PM

you're not the only one feeling this way. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: irish1223 (---.dhcp.kgpt.tn.charter.com)
Date: June 04, 2008 01:30AM

Hey all! So glad to see so many TTOL'ers on this board. We've lurked for a long time now and are hoping that this place becomes even more active.

Philippe, we just want to say good for you and Barbara for standing your ground. While moderating may be difficult in the best of circumstances, we don't believe that continually locking &/or deleting posts on ones passing whim or 'mood of the day' is a good thing. Opinions are important -- that's why we all have them!

Looking forward to a more positive attitude on this board!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 01:30AM by irish1223.

Posted by: seamusoisin (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 07:24AM

Hello, glad to see that you two are intact and apparently thriving.I am a loyal reader of Ti Punch..and enjoy the heritage pictures and postcards as I like to digitally paint them,trying to imagine what the colours looked like and adding artist textures or strokes. I probably spend too much time on this but it is relaxing and distracts from the less pleasant things that come our way.

I found myself drifting away from TTOL and commented little in the past few months as it had become redundant, dictatorial with little information of use. The endless sports bickering, the microscopic searching for a crime story by certain members, probably the first thing they do in the morning, but mostly the endless complaining of the cost of airlines, restaurants not one for one as if businesses existed not to prosper but for the sole purpose of their entitlement has grown very tedious.Apparently I am not the only one.

Thanks

Seamusoisin

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 07:35AM

I am also glad to see that this board is once again more active. I have been a member here since this site's inception and What I would love to see are more trip reports and maybe instead of calling the get-together's TTOL parties (yuch), we could just call them SXM "Beach" parties".

PS...is there a way to reverse the answers/comments on each thread to show the most current comment first? Just curious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 07:37AM by John.

Pages: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |