The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Open Forun?
Posted by: just-us (---.238.183.165.Dial1.Philadelphia1.Level3.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 05:25PM

I thought this was an open forum sight? I posted a message as a "lifestyle" couple and barbara felt it was not appropriate for this forum and shut down our thread. Since when is being in the lifestyle inappropriate? I didn't put any links to my sight that would show some pictures that may be inappropriate. I used discretion. I know that doing drugs in St Martin is illegal, but she will allow people to post links to their own personal pages that links to pictures of people at certain St Martin bar doing drugs, or people talking about how drunk they can be to drive???? I betcha she is one of those prudes that doesn't like topless or nude beaches or maybe even tried to be in the "lifestyle" but didn't fit in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Forun?
Posted by: mcinnamon (68.20.130.---)
Date: February 13, 2008 05:48PM

just-us,

Obviously, you don't know Barbara. She was simply stating that this is a forum that doesn't promote the "lifestyle". There are forums that do and lots that don't.

I don't think she was judging you, just letting you know this isn't the place to get your questions answered.

mc

Posted by: just-us (---.238.176.22.Dial1.Philadelphia1.Level3.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 06:19PM

mc

Oh ok so it would have been ok if I said we were just "a couple" looking to meet other "couples" and that would be fine?
What if I said we were a "gay couple" looking to meet other "gay couples" that would be fine? Or according to Barbara it would be inappropriate?

No, obviously I don't know Barbara. I don't think we would be hanging out at the same places for us to meet and get aquainted. Plus, we obviously wouldn't have anything in common to even talk about unless maybe it was all about her or only talked about what she knows.

Just like some people posted on here "if you don't like seeing nude people on the beach just don't look" If people don't like the "Lifestyle" just don't read the message posted. By no means was my comment inappropriate nor offensive. I think the FCC would agree with me!

just me

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 13, 2008 09:19PM

just-us,

I don't think the FCC carries a lot of weight on this forum.

I read your post earlier and personally, while I could care less about your lifestyle preferences, I instinctively sensed it wasn't the type of post or the purpose to which the owner of this site wants it to be used.

If you were to talk to Barbara about the things she knows about or is interested in, that would probably be a very long time conversation since she's well educated, well traveled and one very knowledgeable and extremely interesting lady who personally is probably more tolerant and accepting than most people.

But since she has been selected by the owner of this site to act as its moderator, I guess the bottom line is if you don't like the way she moderates this forum, either don't post here or if you choose to, then perhaps you should make your posts a little more generic and I'm sure you won't have a problem with them being deleted.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 09:34PM by pat.

Posted by: jed (---.msn.com)
Date: February 13, 2008 10:49PM

just us i a agree. why delete lifestyle info even though i dont agree when you dont delete the gays and lessies. that is why the forum is not used like before. anything they dont like they delete. try asking about whorehouse or lemonade at cupecoy beach. it will be deleted. your forum should not be deleted. as you say if you dont like it dont respond. its not hurting anyone but barbara.

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 12:11AM

Oh, Pat. You are so much in control than I at this time. You are the new "Peaceful". Thanks

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: pasnyder (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 07:39AM

just-us,

The "I betcha" comment is rude and uncalled for.

Pauline

Posted by: jint (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 02:45PM

I have to agree with pasnyder. The I betcha comment was rude. Personally, I don't think the original question was "out of bounds". Seemed simple enough, to each their own. Although I disagree that the thread was closed, your reactive comments indicate you are a person that lacks any kind of class. Just my opinon mind you.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: February 14, 2008 03:31PM

FYI, the reason I closed the thread, and maybe I was mistaken, was because I do not feel this board is a board where singles or couples looking for dating opportunities can find answers to their questions.
IMHO, this is a board to share information about SXM, not a dating service.
Sorry if I was mistaken.

Posted by: jint (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 14, 2008 04:22PM

I support your decision even though I found no harm in the original post

Posted by: ilovedivi (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2008 07:02PM

just-us Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I think the
> FCC would agree with me!
>
> just me

LOL

Posted by: ickii (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2008 05:46PM

hey "just us" do you REALLY think that you guys were going to find someone to do the "lifestyle" thing with you on this board?? why don't you go to the various bars on the island when you get there and pick someone (or two) up? do not ask people here. no one is interested in your lifestyle. it is inappropriate and low class.

Posted by: Clark (---.154.203.94.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: February 15, 2008 09:02PM

Barbara1 was correct in closing the original thread-- but some -with acrimany or recrimination- could have referred the OP to orientbeach.com-----no one knows how someone gets to this board or any other-- probably from a search of some sorts for SXM-----but I think that most know thatif there are "lifestyle" type folks they are most apt to be found at OB---NOT to say that everyone who goes to OB is that sort----many/most are definately not---but atleast you could have re-directed the OP is an appropriate direction-- try the OB Forum---chbpod

Posted by: just us (---.238.211.55.Dial1.Philadelphia1.Level3.net)
Date: February 18, 2008 01:58PM

To all of you,

No biggie! We didn't mean to offend anyone. To the ones who think the "lifestyle" is classless or low class.....you would be surprised at who actually is into the lifestyle, and trust me low class people can't afford the "lifestyle" nor would they fit in. Its funny because in our "real world" our friends would be shocked to know we were in the lifestyle. None the less this board is about SXM, and we love it there, so we certainly wouldn't want to make any enemies, we just want peaceful/fun times when we are there!

Ciao!
Just Us

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 18, 2008 07:54PM

Just-us,

In fairness to you and since I was one of the first to be critical of your original post, let me also say congratulations on your last one. It was nice of you to return and make a final statement and it goes to prove your point - class will out. I think most of us are really quite non-judgemental and could really care less about what you do privately, but at the same time we do respect that Gert gives us this forum to play in, and I think we mostly all feel it should be used appropriately.

Enjoy your St. Maarten/St. Martin travels.

Respectfully,

pat

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |