The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Grand Case Beach Club
Posted by: Raja (192.147.58.---)
Date: February 04, 2008 05:05PM

We've booked 5 nights at the GCBC for April - reviews on this site seemed great. Question for those who have stayed there:
* We have a 1 BR oceanfront room. Is there any particular side of the hotel i should request for these rooms? We woul like to be able to walk onto the beach and somewhat peaceful
* Petit Plage beach in the photos looks small. Is the Grand Case beach better or should we just assume to go to other beaches during our stay?
* What restuarants should we eat at? We like to mix it up b/w cheap local eats, and moderat to expensive eats.
* How is the bar / restaurant at the beach club?
* Can i take a cooler of beer on the beach with me?

Any other useful tips or insight you could offer would be great.

Thanks and looking forward to our first trip to the island.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grand Case Beach Club
Posted by: mikentara (---.152.57.198.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: February 05, 2008 10:17AM

I like the units on the left as you enter the resort.
The little beach on that side is very calm and peaceful.
The Sunset cafe right there is delightful, but a bit pricy.
They have great food and a gorgeous view at sunset.
YOu get a basket of fresh baguette, croissants & coffee each morning that you can take back to your terrace for breakfast.
You can walk into town for some of the best restaurants-and cheaper ones too!
YOu will want a car to explore the many beautiful beaches on the island.
I am sure you can bring a cooler on the beach.
I love the GCBC!

Re: Grand Case Beach Club
Posted by: fabila (155.72.24.---)
Date: February 19, 2008 10:55AM

Sunset Cafe at GCBC is doing one for one when paying in cash. Food was wonderful for dinner. Breakfast is also nice. Beach is small but quiet. Orient is a 10 minute drive. We stayed north of GCBC this trip (only back less than a week) so we enjoyed going to the restaurants in Grand Case. La California (informal dining) was also doing one to one as well as Spiga which you can walk to. We also dined at L'Escapade on the water side. Harmony Night is in full swing on Tuesday's which is very enjoyable.

Big debate on whether the places doing one for one raised there prices and those that aren't lowered, who knows for sure. We enjoyed all 4 restaurants. Additionally we went to Calmos Cafe, which is fun for cocktails and informal dining on the beach although we prefer just to go for cocktails. Four Lolo's to choose from for bbq and cheap prices if you are so inclined. Enjoy.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |