The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Water
Posted by: flowers (---.scr.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 01, 2007 08:37AM

I was wondering if anyone knows whats happening with the water situation on Island? They keep shutting down the water, and last year! the water pressure was just a trickle.
We rent in the Pelican area, and our tenents are complaining that the water keeps getting shut!!! What are they going to do? Perhaps they should have stopped the influx of more and more people..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2007 08:42AM

Date: December 01, 2007 11:36AM

Gee, What are folks to do? Is not water neccessary? This has been going on for a while, or at least since last year!!! What happens in the high season?
Cistern water only goes so far, not to mention its usally dirty.
Can someone tell me what the resorts do for water? Do they rely on cistern? and if so! doesn't it run out? Anyway thanks for the news flash. Should be a nice winter on Island.

Posted by: mikentara (---.152.54.37.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 03, 2007 12:06PM

We've had these problems in the past on the French side. We do not have a pool.
We used to buy large bottles of bottled water, when they were enpty, we would fill them with tap water (while we could get it) and save it to use for emergency flushing and washing. The water went off on our last day and I was not looking forward to a "bottled water shower", but luckily it came back on in time to shower for our flight home.

Date: December 03, 2007 12:51PM

This is a disgusting way to live... I guess tourists who have there resort areas do not have to tolerate this, but those who live or own homes? As I recall, the water would be off at the worst time of day, later part of afternoon, when your either filthy hot from the beach, or just hot from the day. And no shower... Where aain is the goverment in trying to fix this problem? Guess its like the crime!!! only gets worse...

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2007 03:21PM

it's called life in the Caribbean.
things just don't always work the way they should.
They are now buying water from the French side for the time being.

Posted by: MelissaG (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2007 03:22PM

Oh, but it does happen at the resorts. Pelican for one. The past few years we've been there, there has always been something going on with the water. What's bad is at night when theres more than 1 person using the bathroom and you can't flush. Talk about nasty. Then usually sometime during the night, you hear a big flush.

Melissa

Date: December 12, 2007 05:53PM

17How whould you like not being able to shower? Not that not being able to flush is any good!!! No matter how you twist it! I would assume people that own homes have it ten time worse than resorts.... We are at the mercy of this unprofessional utility Co. and again, like traffic, crime, nothing goes foward, just get worse... I would venture to guess, that if the Island makes money on the high season? The high season will be a thing of the past real soon.
Its hard to beleive that all this is allowed on this Island that has depended on progress and tourisim... they are killing both slowly.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |