The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jeweler across from the Maho
Posted by: karen (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 24, 2007 03:55PM

I was wondering if anyone knows the name of a jewelry shop across from the Maho? My friend bought a stunning dome ring there set in pave diamonds. Lots of filagree work inside of the wide band. Please advise if you have any info! THANKS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jeweler across from the Maho
Posted by: jeanne (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2007 02:50PM

The jewelry store in Maho that I use is JN Jewelers. They are on the opposite side of the street from the hotel, however, there are other jewelry stores as well. I have never shopped in them and do not recall their names. I have always been satisfied with JN and purchase at least one item every trip.

Posted by: pasnyder (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 26, 2007 08:21AM

When we were there last week, the jewelry store that had the large wooden door handles (JN ?) is dark and empty. To the left, down the steps and next to the pharmacy is a jewelry store connected to Best Linens. I have the plastic bag in front of me which reads "Jewels & Linens # 3 Maho Shopping Centre" Tel 599-545-3078 email: jewels@sintmaarten.net.

BTW, Best Linens sells the larger bottle of Madoudou for $12. That's cheaper than buying it at the factory.

Pauline

Posted by: jeanne (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2007 10:58AM

Hi Pauline. I was there last week too - shopped in JN on Thanksgiving, so it wasnt their store that is closed. BTW, the "family" also owns the Jewels & Linens store, which my friend told me expanded, however, I didn't stop in this trip.

Date: November 26, 2007 11:53AM

Jeanne, thanks for clarifying. I probably passed you along the street!! BTW, did you notice that store I was describing? I'm pretty sure that used to be a jewelry store too. Maybe not....

Pauline

Posted by: jeanne (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2007 12:32PM

I noticed that there was a closed up store.... Could it have possibly been the former beauty salon that was there?

Posted by: sharon (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: November 27, 2007 08:46AM

It isn't Riviera Jewlers is it?
Sharon

Date: November 27, 2007 12:23PM

I had thought the closed up store had once been a jewelry store. It could have been Riviera. Did that have big fancy wooden door handles in front?

Posted by: jeanne (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2007 06:44AM

Isn't the name of the store down by Haagen Daas Riviera? They sell jewelry, but they also sell clothing, purses and a few souveniers??

Posted by: Joy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 11, 2008 08:43PM

We stayed at Maho the week before Christmas and I bought some jewelry at Riviera Jewelry which was across the street from the hotel and all the way at the end of shops. This store only had jewelry, but the salesman would leave the store and bring items from another store that he thought I might like, so I think a few of the stores must be owned by the same person.

Posted by: Bonnie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 16, 2008 07:18PM

I am also looking for jewelry store names across from the maho hotel. It wasnt Riviera. The store I am looking for had a salesman named Jay. I lost the card. I was just in St Martin in May 2008. Thanks for any help I can get.

Posted by: dcarol (63.127.79.---)
Date: June 17, 2008 06:53AM

The other jeweler is J & N. Wonderful to do business with. They also own the gift shop where you can also buy liquor and assorted island gifts.

Posted by: Nicole (---.tstt.net.tt)
Date: September 27, 2008 11:30AM

There are two jewelry stores opposite to the Maho, one is JN and the other Riveria. JN gave the best discounts and the staff were all very nice. We just came back from there this weekend and the shopping was fantastic. One of the sales reps name was Jai. Hope this is of help to you.

Posted by: PJane (---.mdsnwi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 12, 2008 05:50PM

We go to SXM every year and we always go to JN and purchase from Ravi.
They are wonderful honest people. We buy from them every year. We only buy
from 2 places and the other is Oro Diamante downtown. Is it true the Sunset Beach Bar is closed??

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 12, 2008 06:46PM

The Sunset Beach Bar is closed but has reopened under new management and the name is close but not exact... Sunset Bar and Grill (I think).

PS... I also shop at JN whenever the mood strikes and I do love dealing with Ravi. I love to haggle with him and I love his phrase.. "The price is $__.__ but for you..."eye rolling smiley

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 06:48PM by John.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |