The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

JET BLUE TO SXM
Posted by: 8 carol (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 12, 2007 11:28AM

Just saw on jet blue web site they are going to sxm starting in january-from jfk. Checked the prices some are $159 on way but weekend were more expensive than what i paid on AA for april. If you can go mid-week great price

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JET BLUE TO SXM
Posted by: tom2 (---.msn.com)
Date: October 19, 2007 09:13AM

i just booked us air in december from hartford, ct to sxm for 340.00 bos was 301. including all taxes.

Posted by: Karin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 21, 2007 03:44PM

Great news isn't it. Now that JetBlue is going to St Maarten, the major airlines will attempt to match their fares.. I booked my August Saturday to Saturday from JFK at $411 including taxes on American!

Posted by: cindilea (---.msn.com)
Date: October 27, 2007 12:26PM

i just booked bos to sxm $219.00 plus tax in december

Posted by: floweres (---.scr.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2007 02:15PM

Not sure thats a good price considering off season!!! I would have waited, especially when you can get a lower price in Hight of season.

Posted by: tom2 (---.msn.com)
Date: October 29, 2007 07:35PM

floweres where can you get a price like that ANYTIME. it sound great. i thought i got a good deal at 343.55 including taxes for bdl in december.

Posted by: scotch (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2007 02:49PM

Hi All........Great news on Jet Blue to SXM...Do they fly direct out of Boston?Typically go American with connections via NYC,PR or Miami.Have done Delta thru Atlanta..Thanks

Posted by: flowers (---.scr.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 18, 2007 03:12PM

No, they are flying out of JFK. However, you guys should be used to the connection game... I think the fact that they are flying to St.M, should give american a run for there money, although I am not so sure about there saftey... A pilot that we know said its a terrible airline, they do not follow the same saftey rules, and they do not care... If they have a catastophy? they will just go out... Not sure what that meant... Never flew them, so don't know.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 20, 2007 09:30PM

Hello Flowers, It is impossible that Jet Blue "does not follow the same safety rules"as other airlines I am a retired pilot and know, first hand, how tough the F.A.A. is with safety violations/violators. Jet Blue would not be allowed to fly in U.S. airspace without following ALL safety rules and regulations. Breaking the rules is next to impossible to do and if you are caught in violation...there are heavy fines, etc. to deal with. Honestly,airlines have been grounded for what would seem, to us, very minor infractions. So...please don't believe what that "pilot" friend is telling you...and by all means stop spreading false information around. There's enough fear of flying nowadays without your added crap. 'Nuff said and have a great day. spike

Date: November 21, 2007 08:28AM

Gee so sorry for adding less flyers... thats what I was told, by a pilot, what he meant exactly? I really do not know, but did say its not a safe airline..
If you know more, by all means!!! Would prefer to beleive the possitive.
then I guess each airline does not follow certain rules over another?
Or do each airline have certain higher regulations??
Hope your right... Just saying what I was told, and by a very reputable airline pilot that flys another airline to St.M.

Posted by: anon (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 21, 2007 09:39AM

Another thought about Jet Blue. Remember if theres a problem they dont have many flights to bail you out so sometimes in life you get what you pay for. I hope your all right about the competition having baring on lowering the prices but it remains to be seen.

Date: November 21, 2007 10:53AM

Jet Blue is flying daily from Jfk. so the worst problem would be a next day flight, but something tells me, they will bring in another plane if theres problems at Jfk. They are just starting out on this route, so I would think they want a good record for a while...

Posted by: anon (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 21, 2007 11:28AM

Jfk wouldn't be my worry. Id hate to be stuck in st martin when I need to get home much as I'd like to be able to be stuck in st martin and how many spare planes do you suppose they have just sitting around to call in? Wasn't that just a small part of the problem last year?

Date: November 21, 2007 11:47AM

Yes your right, but the plane and crew would have to stay over night as well in St.M. if there mechanical problems, I don't think they would want that anymore than you... It would have to be serious.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |