The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

st. maartens
Posted by: cmiercz1 (198.212.44.---)
Date: August 09, 2007 10:45AM

i just booked a cruise through disney and we are stopping in st. maarten's for one day and st. thomas for one day. was wondering what the best spots were to hit since i'm only there for a day, and whether or not i should book the excursions through disney or if it would be cheaper and easier to just go out on my own?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: st. maartens
Posted by: hofstetter (---.net)
Date: August 09, 2007 01:38PM

You most likely will not have too much time. If shopping is not your thing I would rent a car and head for the beach!

I have only been there once but I enjoyed Dawn and Orient beaches.

Posted by: RicknGrace (170.61.20.---)
Date: August 10, 2007 09:17AM

The cruise ship will have excursions to a few places. Most people will say Orient Beach. I happen to think Oeient is too commercial. Dawn used to be nice until the Westin was built. If you do not want to do the excursion thing you can rent a car for the day and explore on your own. If you do not want to rent a car you can find a taxi at the pier and make arrangements to have them pick you up when you want. I happen to like Mullet Bay and Friars Bay.

When in St Thomas we took the ferry from Red Hook to St Johns and went to Cinnamon Bay. You can take a ferry from Charlotte Amalie to St Johns also. The cruise excursion will suggest Trunk Bay which is beautiful but will be crowded with cruisers.

Posted by: sharonlulu (---.pns.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 13, 2007 02:47PM

Can you explain the difference between Mullet Bay and Friars Bay, I'm just now starting to research a trip to the island for the first time.Thanks.

Posted by: biturbo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 13, 2007 04:35PM

Mullet Bay and Friar's bay are two different beaches. Mullet is only several minutes north of the airport, Friar's is further, on the other side of Marigot, the French capitol. Of the two, I prefer Friar's; if tou buy lunch, you are provided with chairs and umbrella, also. Plus, there is another beach nearby, Happy Bay, only accessable by walking (10-15 minutes) that is more remote, but also quite scenic.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2007 04:45PM

Friar's Bay is a smaller beach.very calm,with 2 nice beach bar/restaurants on it.
Mullet Bay beach is a longer beach. it can be calm or have some good surf depending on weather.
there are 2 small beach bars there.
each beach is very beautiful.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |