gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Restaurants at Maho Beach Hotel
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 29, 2007 07:31PM

It is so good to hear from you Enzo.
You are in Malta?? working at a hotel? I see the email address.
We are fine.... a little bit older and a little more tired LOL
how long have you been in Malta??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: touch (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 30, 2007 08:38PM

Well Barbara,

Recent edition of The Dailey Herald points to 3 robberies of tourists. Two of them occured in Phillipsburg in the evening. Still think my comment about Phillipsburg was a cheap shot? No, just reality thank you

Posted by: Clark (---.arc10.atlnga1.dasdial.com)
Date: May 31, 2007 01:21PM

Well Mr. Out of Touch--- for the French side that you tout so much- last yeat a Grand Case restaurant's patrons were robbed by a bunch of "utes" -- that's Tony Soprano for "youths" --with BB guns---stop putting down the Dutch side-----You like French?? ok- nothing wrong with that---but I haven't read on this board or any other that basically says- don;t go to the French side or don't go to the Dutch side-- except for you---- chbpod

Posted by: Gov (---.mercermc.com)
Date: June 01, 2007 10:03AM

Don't go to the Dutch side.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 01, 2007 11:29AM

Okay then so I see the trolls and jerks are backwith nothing intelligent to say and the only aim to make trouble.

Posted by: touch (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 01, 2007 03:22PM

ANON,

I find your comments to be most unwelcome.

Posted by: Az Guy (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: June 01, 2007 06:39PM

There are excellent restaurants on both sides of the island. Food is definitely subjective. With the Euro exchange where it is, the Dutch side is a better deal. As for crime where the best restaurants are, I don't think there is any correlation. lol

~~ Once you've slept on an island, you'll never be the same ~~
2008 St Maarten Pics

Posted by: pasnyder (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 02, 2007 09:54AM

Hey Enzo, we miss you at LaRosa II. Thought you'd like to know that the Veal Marsala is still sooooo good. They have followed your recipe exactly. Hope life is treating you great in Malta.

Pauline

Posted by: Biff (---.81.126.206.dsl-cust.ca.inter.net)
Date: June 03, 2007 11:06AM

Hey. It's Biff again - the original poster.

Thank you for all of the comments. I guess it's fair to say there's no overwhelming consensus in favour of - or against - the food at the Maho Beach Hotel. I'll stick with the devil we know - the restaurants in Grand Case and Marigot.

For anyone who cares, the reason I was asking about all-inclusive is that we are travelling with a small child for the first time (To SXM) and, for that reason, it seems quite handy to have restaurants on-site.

However, in another post, I was warned that the beach at Maho is not as"child-friendly" as Petit Plage in Grand Case or other places. So, we'll stick to Grand Case.

Thanks again.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 03, 2007 01:38PM

Biff,

The beach definitely is not typically child friendly at Maho and I have to agree, Petite Plage is a far better choice if you're traveling with a little one. Also, you might want to give LeGalleon (sp??) a try - in the past we found it to be perfect for little ones and for non-swimming adults, too. Chez Pat, if still there, has some excellent lunch offerings.

Have a great trip.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: alreginfo (216.146.80.---)
Date: June 11, 2007 10:37AM

Hi all,

We, too will be travelling with a small child - 4 year old girl. We're at the Pelican Resort in August. I see it has a kids pool and playground (maybe not a playground as we know it, but at least something). How is the Pelican Beach? And do many of the restaurants around the area have kid's menus - even simple stuff like hot dogs or grilled cheese?

Also, to Touch, Gov and the trollers: Comments like yours make me think about cancelling the entire trip completely and forfeitting the money already paid. Hold on to your purse in Phillipsburg in a restaurant? Don't eat on the Dutch side? You imply that everything on the Dutch side is bad and unsafe. You make me wonder if my child's car seat and stuffed animals will get stolen from the car, or if one of us has to stand guard over the car while the other unloads luggage to the resort room. Makes me think I'd be safer in downtown Chicago carrying a sign that says "I have $1000 in my pocket". Thanks to Pat and a couple others in another thread about this, I'm still coming. C'mon. Can't be that bad. I'll try as many of those places as Barbara mentions as time -and wallet- permit. As long as I can get conch fritters on the Dutch side I'm happy.

-Al

Posted by: Az_Guy (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: June 13, 2007 06:54PM

There is a wonderful beach at the Flamingo just below the Pelican. This beach is very "Kid" friendly and there is a nice little bar and that serves breakfast and lunch items. Also the beach next to the BBB ( Buccaneer Beach Bar) is very nice for kids. The food at BBB is very good also - hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza and that type of fare.

I'm glad you did not let Touch influence your opinion of St. Maarten. You will have a great time and soon will be addicted to the island like the rest of us.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 13, 2007 07:14PM

Alreginfo,

I'm not sure that too many of the nicer 'dinner restaurants' offer children's menus as we think of them here at home, but we've often travelled with my daugher and SIL and their family and the children have always been warmly received and if all else failed, there's always the inevitable pasta dinner, of which they've eaten many over a lot of years on St. Maarten vacations. My fourteen year old granddaughter probably has more SXM trips under her belt than most of the adults who frequent these websites and trust me, finding suitable meals has never been an issue.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |